What Does God Mean to You?

Jen wants to hear from you.  Take a moment after you watch the video to comment below with your answer to the question and she will respond.

Scripture Reference For This Episode:

Philippians 2:1-11 New International Version

Imitating Christ’s Humility

1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

We want to know “What does God mean to you?”  Before you leave, write your praise below so we can encourage those who may see this post!

1. Nichelle 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Thank you for your dedication to the Lord and for taking the time to share your wonderful testimony. I think you two inspire people more then you will ever know. Love you guys!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Nichelle, Thank you for your sweet comments and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. May God whisper LOVE and HOPE to your heart! Love, Linda and Jen

2. Lisa 2 years ago March 16, 2016

What does God mean to You?

God to me means that he carries us in our life even with struggles. He heals us from sickness. He is a wonderful powerful God. I Trust in Him with everything I am going through in life. I am always praiseing Him for who He is Migty God. Thank You Linda & Jen for always listening to God and for your encouragement. I am very Proud of all of you for still follow God. Love You Guys.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Lisa, You are so right- The Lord is Wonderful, Glorious, Holy, Righteous, and Victorious. He is our Healer, Deliverer, Shield and Defense, Our Strong Tower, Refuge, Strength and Best Friend. Amen! We love you! Jen and Linda

• Lisa 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Thank you Jen & Linda for your words to me I needed those words right now in my life. Please keep praying for me for these headaches I go for an MRI 25th at 2pm. God Bless you

3. Daniel Barton 2 years ago March 16, 2016

The Lord is truly amazing to me. There have been many times in my life where I nearly passed away as a baby, and I have been through hard times in my life. I am so blest to know that the Lord saved my life, and how He used my heart problem that I was born with to bring Him the glory. And I have had my transplanted heart for twenty years without any problems because of the Lord’s kindness. Being raised in a Christian family, I am so blest. The very same Jesus Who died for me to pay the debt that I owed Him, He has given me His joy, and that’s where my joy comes.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Amen Daniel. Keep sharing Jesus with a lost and broken world. God will use you and your story to impact lives for eternity! God has an amazing plan for your life. Thank you for sharing your Joy and your Hope in our Lord! Love, Linda and Jen

4. Lisa LC 2 years ago March 16, 2016

God to me means… knowing that in Jesus I have true life (not death), direction (not confusion), and a glory (not shame) filled future forever! And I have joy now knowing Father is using this earthly time as preparation for when soon, time will end, and we’ll be forever face-to-face with Him (HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!).

God also means Father to me… my forever daddy and teacher. This year Father is teaching me what “Jesus in me, the hope of glory” means. WoW!!! He is “the only, true, living God”. It’s incredible knowing He was always, and still is, working all things to our good – while letting us help Him do the same for others. I love His decree in Ephesians 2:10, ” we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God had before ordained (put in order, appointed, with priestly authority) that we should walk in them.” Please pray for me & my mom (74yo), she is resisting mild cognitive impairment and I’ve paused working to help out – and draw near to Jesus. What a blessing! PS: Spring is near and Jesus has lovely plans for the gardens of our hearts today!
    Thanks for WALKING ON IN THE WORD with us ladies!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing wonderful truths that we can stand on and for connecting with us on Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, We can’t wait to see You face to face one day. Please give us the strength and courage to follow You everyday- Help us to keep our eyes focused only on You, Lord! Please comfort and wrap Your loving arms around Lisa and her mom Lord Jesus. Amen.
      Love, Jen and Linda

5. Dianne and Tara 2 years ago March 16, 2016

The lord Jesus is my and my daughters everything! She is only here because of His healing touch! We praise Him for all He is to us! My daughter also had a Severe TBI at age 16 in 1998. You both are an encouragement to us.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Dianne and Tara, Thank you for connecting with us on Bible Talk and for sharing your story. Lord Jesus, Please be with Dianne and Tara and continue to heal where healing is needed. Lord, We trust You with all our heart. Thank You for being more than enough for us! We praise You alone Lord Jesus. Amen.

• Jennifer Korell 1 year ago July 23, 2016

Dear Jen and Linda, God is my creator so I’m so blessed At one point in my life I tried to commit suicide but a very nice lady helped me and now God must have used her to prevent me from making the worse mistake in my life. Now I thank God for all the wonderful creations He makes every day that I took for granted. The beautiful sky, the trees, the mountains, the roses and other beautiful flowers and all the people and animals and birds that sing and the talent God has given me. Jen

6. Cindy 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Linda and Jen – This was a perfect lesson for me to hear today. God’s timing and the way He worked through you both to reach me today was really a blessing. Thank you for sharing your love for God and the hope He brings you. It is an encouragement to us all. May you in turn be truly blessed.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Cindy, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Our prayer is that the Lord speaks to each heart what He knows that person needs to hear. The Lord is so Faithful & True!! May He continue to encourage your heart today and may you feel His Love and Peace like never before!

7. Erin 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Linda and Jen,

Thank you for your prayers and video. To me, God is love and grace and He is over all and all. I want to long for nothing but to know Him more each and every day.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Erin, Thank you for connecting with us on Bible Talk and for sharing. Lord Jesus, You are our everything. We want to know You Lord more and more each day. Please reveal more of Yourself to us today. We love You Lord! Amen. Jen and Linda

8. Yvonne Vollert Noblitt 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Thank you for sharing your hearts and your love for God’s Word. You are directing many to a deeper personal relationship with their Abba Father, with their Savior Jesus, and with the Holy Spirit who resides in them! PTL!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Yvonne, We love you! Thank you for connecting with us and for your kind words. That is our prayer that many would grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, Our Heavenly Father and The Holy Spirit through Bible Talk. Thank you for praying for us.

9. Diane Perkins 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Our Gracious God is my All and All. He is also my best friend. He takes very good care of me.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Diane, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. Amen and Amen! May God continue to bless and keep you as you serve The King! Love, Jen and Linda

10. Sandra 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Wow! what a blessing to come across your video today. I struggle with anxiety trying to be perfect in a not so perfect world…so basically it is a losing battle …..I have been a person who always looked at other Christians wishing I could be as ‘happy’ as they are or at least look….what I have learned through bible reading and spending time with him…..is just what Jen said in the video….Joy is anchored and a gift from God….regardless of our circumstances……..what a release that has been!….I don’t have to be perfect….I cannot on my own,…but my Father is perfect,…His Son Jesus is perfect…..and in Him, I find my joy !
    Thanks and look forward to learning with you both in the next video!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Sandra, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing with us. Lord Jesus, Please help us to keep our eyes focused only on You. May our Joy be complete in You alone Lord! Please guide us and help us take one more step with You. Thank You that we can trust completely in You! Amen.

11. Leslie Dawn Neagle 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Linda & Jen!
    (((What does God mean to me;LeslieD.)))
    You mentioned that He’s always there.
    And before I listened I read John 14:20 that on the day of Jesus’ return we will know & fully understand that Jesus is in His Father. That we are in Jesus. And Jesus is in us. We are one.
    I am learning that He is always with me.
    Pray for me to change & reflect this reality in all that I do & in all that I say. Getting into His Word will make a way. ♥uBoth!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Leslie, Thank you for sharing. Father God, We pray for our friend Leslie and her desire to reflect Jesus to a lost and broken world. Thank you Lord Jesus that You are our constant companion. Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

12. Jerry Burke 2 years ago March 16, 2016

God means to me mercy & grace that is beyond my weak human understanding. God is at His strongest when I am at my weakest. Thank you both for sharing the love of Jesus to such a broken world. The world doesn’t need more religion – it needs a LOT of more of Jesus!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Jerry, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, Thank you that in our weakness You are strong!! Lord, Give us the strength and courage to share You with everyone we come in contact with today. We Love You Lord. Amen.
      Love, Jen and Linda

13. Allie O. 2 years ago March 16, 2016

What does God mean to me?

Jen, in your sweet prayer you said that God is a bit of everything and I could not agree more. I think that God is all I need Him to be and that when I tap into Him and openly communicate with Him, He makes the facets of Himself that I need most the clearest and most evident in my life. It always amazes me that when I see a devotional as I scroll through facebook or read on an app that is just happens to be exactly what I need that moment. And I think that is God affirming that He is all that I need all of the time. Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and hearts.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Allie, Thank you for sharing. Lord Jesus, You are all we need. We trust in you Lord! Thank you for meeting us right at our point of need and for coming to our rescue. Lord Jesus, may we surrender all to You this day. Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

14. Valerie Ritchey 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Dear Jen.
    How precious you are! I am so thankful to God for your great faith and joy. You are so encouraging.
    The love of the Lord Jesus is amazing, it is supernatural, it has no end and it does not depend on ourselves, how great we do, how nice we look, how rich we are.
    Thank you, sweet Lord Jesus, for loving us just as we are. You showed me the depth of your love when, although we had nailed you on the cross and you were suffering beyond comprehension, you asked your Father to forgive us. I will never be able to fully grasp how horrifying it must have been to carry the sin of the whole world on you but especially to have your Father turn his back on you because of us and our sin.
    May I NEVER take your sacrifice for granted.
    I rejoice that I am your child for ever. Thank you for never “leaving us nor forsaking us”.
    Proud to be yours. Amen

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Lord Jesus, We praise You! We Love You. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Thank you Lord for paying the penalty for our sins on calvary. You are the Sinless Lamb of God who cleanses us white as snow! Thank You for being our escort and for never leaving us. Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

15. FAITH 2 years ago March 17, 2016

I look forward to bible talk every Wednesday!! LOVE IT

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Faith, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      We are so excited that you love Bible Talk. Our prayer is the God speaks to hearts and lives are impacted for the Kingdom!!
      Love, Jen and Linda

16. Marianne Mitchell Silva 2 years ago March 17, 2016

I love that He is a good good Father. He saw me and knew me before I was even here, and knowing I would be born as a sinner He loved me so much that he gave his only beloved Son to go to the cross and drink the cup of wrath for me and for us all and not only That , Jesus conquered death and is victorious and because of grace and mercy we can believe on His great loving name and be saved! A great Hope is given in our Faith in Him. The Joy comes each morning and throughout the day as I spend time with Him. He gives me peace and joy in my circumstances. I just Love God my loving father. I love his Son Jesus our savior and friend, and His spirit that comes and dwells within us. ❤️ thank you so so much Linda and Jen for your anointed words from Gods word. And Jen’s powerful prayer!! ❤️ just amazing!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Marianne, Thank you for sharing. Amen to everything you shared. Father God, You are Holy, Holy, Holy!! Thank You for loving us and for giving us Your only begotten Son, Jesus. We believe and trust in You, Lord Jesus. Thank You for paying the penalty of our sin on Calvary. We Love You. Amen. Jen and Linda

17. Lily Burgess 2 years ago March 17, 2016

This was exactly what I needed to hear. Prior to watching this, a guy at the gym was making me question my faith which really challenged me to dive in full heartily into Gods word. I knew I had to turn to the word so I would have scripture to back up my beliefs and to reassure me that my God does love me. The young man at the gym told me that no where in the bible are we told to be more Christ like. Well boy was he wrong! Jesus answered my prayers through this Bible Talk today and showed me that we are called to humble ourselves and have the attitude of Jesus. How awesome is it to be a child of the one true king? I love Him more and more everyday and am beyond grateful for yall’s dedication to sharing His wonderful words.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 18, 2016

Hi Lily, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. The Bible is the only TRUTH we can base our life on and stand on. The Promises of Scripture never change and we can claim them OUT LOUD when we are confronted with the lies of the enemy. Jesus is your escort. He will never leave you or forsake you! Love, Jen

18. Donna A 2 years ago March 18, 2016

I love this. Missed the first 2, but definitely will go back and check those out, and will not miss anymore. I love how you guys, especially Jen, have turned something bad that happened into a ministry and how God is using you. Love in Christ..

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 18, 2016

Hi Donna, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Our prayer is that the Lord speaks truth to your heart through Bible Talk. Our mess is HIS ministry!! Love, Linda and Jen

19. Susan Lee 2 years ago March 18, 2016

The true Love of Jesus amazes me more than I can say or understand, and I’m so thankful for His Love and Him , my heart is overwhelmed !!! Thank you both for doing this I look forward to your words & Jen’s prayers always life me up:) She is so precious. I pray for y’all & all you do☺️

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 18, 2016

Hi Susan, Thank you for your kind comments and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, You are Glorious and Righteous! Thank you for being our All in All! We praise You Lord!
      Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

20. Rachel 2 years ago March 18, 2016

I think that the recurring way that God encourages me is through His being my Shepherd and that He will be with me through everything!!!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 19, 2016

Hi Rachel, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. Amen. God is so good and He is always with us through the storms of life. May you hear the Lord whisper to your heart, “Peace be still.” Love, Linda and Jen

21. Diane 2 years ago March 19, 2016

Dear Sweet Linda and Jen,

It is such a pleasure to be writing to you. I have emailed you in the past, Linda, and you are amazing. 🙂

I just praise God because He is my future!! I will be with Him forever! I can’t wait until our relationship becomes fully realized when I see my Jesus face-to-face and can speak to Him in person!

Eternity has already begun for us, and it only gets better. The best truly is yet to come, and it’s all because of Jesus!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 19, 2016

Hi Diane, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. Amen- The Best is yet to come!! Lord Jesus, Thank you that one day we will see You face-to-face and You will make All Things New! We Love You Lord. Amen. Linda and jen

22. Lynsey 2 years ago March 20, 2016

God is my everything. I can’t make each day without him.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 21, 2016

Hi Lynsey, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. Lord Jesus, Please cradle Lynsey in Your arms of Love and Peace today. My she know that You love her and You will never leave her or forsake her. Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

23. Patricia Edwards 2 years ago March 27, 2016

Through every storm ,God holds my hand. the last two emails I’d answered you and Jen on, I was so torn mentally and spiritually, but after I had attended our church Easter service this morning, then realizing How Jesus Paid It All, there’s just no way of measuring or even coming close to realizing what Jesus did by being placed on that cross. I love him so. I love a part of a song too ” My sin not in part but the whole, was nailed to the tree, and I bare it no more, PRAISE the LORD, PRAISE THE LORD, oh my soul.” Thank you for your prayers and don’t forget me, I do feel the difference these bible studies and prayers are making. Love you all. Trisha

24. Allison Porter 9 months ago February 5, 2017

God to me is life. God to me is hope. He is eternal and wise and his plans are perfect and never wrong. He is glorious, beautiful, mighty and awesome and patient to keep putting up with us!!

I am so thankful that He never gives up, and that through stories like Jen’s He has displayed His Power, Might and His Love!
    I pray He keeps blessing Your family and Pray for healing to continue and that He will use you beyond what you can imagine and beyond what He has done so far! Praise God!
    To Him be the glory forever! Amen!