Jen Always Wanted a Ministry to the World

Scripture Reference for this episode:

Philippians 1:1-11 New International Version (NIV)

1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,

To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons[a]:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. 8 God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Before you go, we’d love to learn more about you.  Please comment below and let us know your name, where you live & a couple words that describe you.

1. Jane 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I finished Total Bliss a few weeks ago. I’ve been looking forward to this Bible Talk series. Praying God continues to bring you topics and truths to share week after week. Thank you for starting Wednesday Bible Talk videos.

• LInda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

HI Jane! We are so glad you are connecting with us on Bible Talk. How can we pray for you?
      Love,Linda and jen

2. Jane 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Jane, I live in Michigan, I saw you at Ada Bible Church and bought your Total Bliss Bible Study. I am one of your biggest fans and am thankful the Lord has brought you to this place to write and share his truth from your heart.

I’m basically retired, but pray that God will still use me as a writer of devotionals and sharing encouragement with the world until my time on Earth is no more. I have a brain injury too, but not nearly as severe as Jen’s. I wrote her words on a note and posted it in my ‘war room’. “Share Jesus till he heals me in heaven.” I get that. I think on last count there is a maximum 20 readers of my daily blog, that’s not many but if 20 people feel joy where there was pain, that’s 20 people who walk away encouraged that day.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Jane, God has an amazing plan for your life. Thank you for sharing. You are a precious daughter of the King!!

3. Melissa 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Linda and Jen,
    My name is Melissa I am from Illinois. I would describe myself as tenderhearted and relational–an encourager.

Thank you for starting Bible talk. I am so excited to dig into God’s word with you and spend time hearing from Him. I was recently introduced to your story through your book “Miracle for Jen”. The timing of this introduction could not have been more perfect. I pray that God will bless you and continue to use you for His glory and the advancement of His kingdom. Keep pushing back the dark.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Melissa,
      It is so great to connect with you. Thank you for sharing about yourself. That is awesome you have read Miracle for Jen. God has a tremendous plan for your life. Love, Linda & Jen

4. Patrice 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi. I’m Patrice and I’m from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
    I read Jen’s book a short time ago and was so incredibly moved by it that I looked online to see if I could have contact with you. Thankfully you have this site!!!
    I would describe myself as an extrovert with an ability to talk to anyone about anything. I think I could have some great conversations with Jen if she is uninhibited as I LOVE REAL people!!! Ha!

I would love prayer for a condition I have called fibromyalgia. It causes lots of pain and fatigue.

May God continue to mightily bless your ministry!!!

Hey Patrice,
      So great to meet and connect with you. Thank you for sharing about Miracle for Jen. That was our prayer that God would use MFJ in a powerful way in the lives of those who read it.
      Dear Heavenly Father, Please wrap your arms of love and peace around Patrice. Please heal her body of the pain and provide her energy to serve You, Lord. Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

5. Shirley 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Shirley and I live in Forest, VA. 3 words to describe me are “lover of God” and of His precious Word. there is nothing I love more than sitting in my chair in the evening with Bible on my lap, listening for Him to speak His Word over me. My hearts longing desire is to share with other ladies what God has taught me over these last 40 years of trials. Trials are our greatest blessing, when our focus is on HIM..

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Shirley,
      Thank you so much for sharing. We would cherish your prayers for BibLe Talk, that God would take it all over the world and lives would be forever changed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
      We love your perspective on trials!! Love, Linda and Jen

6. Lisa 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Linda and Jen. My name is Lisa. I am from Portmouth NH. Describe myself. Lets see I am a photographer I travel all over to do my job from Boston to Maine to other places I love my job you get to meet nice people and if I am not fraid I try to talk to them about God. I love reading Gods words to help me better understand Him and who He is. And last I love going for walks were I can talk to God yes I bring my bible I sit at a ball park and have time with Him. Yesterday I was sitting at the ball park reading my bible and I had this lady come to me she asked me what I was reading and I told her she sat down and then asked me how do you get in to knowing God and we just talked all about God you see I love to do this kind of stuff when I am not fraid. God is so wonderful and I can see how much you both love him and I am learning a lot from our Father. Thank you for starting Wednesday Bible Talk videos. I am very excited to do Bible Talk with you two and seeing were God takes me in my life. If I could ask for prayers I have been suffing from neck pain and headaches and migraines I go March 25th for a Cat Scan. God Bless Your Family.

Dear Lisa,
      Thank you for connecting with us. May God use you in ways you never dreamed possible for His Glory!!
      Lord Jesus, We pray for our friend Lisa, may You Lord heal the pain in her neck, her headaches and migraines. Please give the doctors wisdom and provide Your peace to Lisa. Thank you Lord! Amen. Love, Linda and Andy

• Lisa 2 years ago March 7, 2016

Awww I am just seeing this sorry. Thank you so much for your prayers and love to me. I am looking forward to Wed Love you guys.

7. Bethany Davis 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Bethany, and I’m also from Lynchburg. I am part of the Tuesday morning bible study, but attend church at The Church of God in Lynchburg. It’s so encouraging to me to see women from all over the city come together to learn more about God’s word!

Two words to describe me would be outgoing and family oriented (since I’m currently a stay at home mom with two little ones).

Can’t wait to hear more!

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Bethany, Thanks for connecting with us. We are excited to see what God is going to do through Bible Talk around the world. Thanks for sharing about yourself. Hug and kiss your little ones for us! Love, Linda and Jen

8. Cindy 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen!
    My name is Cindy and I live in Thousand Oaks, CA. I heard you speak at Calvary Community Church a few years ago. I enjoy encouraging and teaching others, and I love digging deeply into studying the Scriptures. What an awesome new ministry you have started with Bible Talk! May the Lord continue to bless and heal you as you reach out to minister to others!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Cindy, Thanks for sharing about yourself and connecting with us through Bible Talk. We were just with Pastor Shawn and his brother Troy at NRB. We may be speaking at Calvary Community Church on Father’s Day in June. It would be awesome to meet you!! Thank you for encouraging us. Blessings, Linda and Jen

9. Janette Felder 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Jen and Linda!

What a blessing this is! I cannot wait to see you both more via your Bible Talk.

I am Janette Felder and I am from Grand Rapids, Mi. I am one of the Women’s Ministry Directors at Ada Bible Church, where God has blessed us in amazing ways through you guys! You have been with us twice now at our women’s event, and we were so blessed! Lives were changed! The girls are still sharing your story. God is so alive in you both.

Two or three words to describe me, passionate, creative and loved (or forgiven) okay 4 words.

Love you both! Thank you!!

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Janette, We love you and are so blessed to know you and Debbie Jo. We love ministering at Ada Bible Church. You both are so passionate about the Lord, creative and loving. Thank you for being a blessing in our lives!! May God whisper His HOPE and His PEACE to your heart as you serve Him! Thanks for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Love, Linda and Jen

10. Carla Pannell 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I love this bible talk my name is Carla Pannell I live in Long Island VA I am a loving and compassionate person

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Carla, Thank you for connecting with us. You are a priceless treasure of the King!! Love Linda and Jen

11. lynsey 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Lynsey
    Alabama
    Shy and a god chaser
    Im looking forward to studying philippians

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Lynsey, We look forward to studying Philippians with you. Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk! May God speak to your heart through His Word. You are a daughter of the King!! Love, Jen and Linda

12. Allan Whitmore 2 years ago March 2, 2016

THIS IS AMAZING LINDA.JUST LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH.
    WHAT A BLESSING. LOVE YOUR PRAYERS JEN.CAN I SHARE THIS WITH MY FRIENDS.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Allan, We love you! Yes, Please share Bible Talk with everyone you know. Please tell Miss Judy, we love her and miss you both.
      Andy says Hi! Love, Linda and Jen

13. Daniel Barton 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Jen and Mrs. Barrick. My name is Daniel, and I love what you do which is to reach out to the world and giving to the Lord. Your family is a great example in my life to put everything behind and move forward to what the Lord has for us. I am a loving man and very social with people. I live in North Carolina. You can pray that the Lord will help me to wait on Him for the career that I will do to provide for my wife and children in His timing

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Daniel, God has an tremendously special plan for your life.
      Thanks for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Dear Heavenly Father, I pray Proverbs 3:5,6 over my friend Daniel. Please help him to trust in You with his whole heart, lean not on his own understanding, in all his ways acknowledge You and then You promise to direct his paths. Thank you Lord that we can trust in You alone! Amen! Love, Andy, Linda and Jen

14. Gerry Christensen 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen,
    My name is Gerry, and I live in Forest, Virginia.
    Christ-follower, wife, mom and grandmother are ways I describe myself.
    Isaiah 26:3-4 is so precious to me. “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts (and imaginations) are fixed (stopped) on you! Trust in the LORD (NOT circumstances, others or myself) always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.” The added words in parenthesis help put these verses in action when disappointments come.
    May God bless your family.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Gerry, Thank you for connecting with us. We love those verses from Isaiah 26:3-4. God’s Word is a ROCK we can stand on. May the Lord whisper HOPE to your heart! Love Linda and Jen.

15. Susan Hiatt 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Thanks for your ministry. You have been a blessing to me. I have some uncertain things going on in my life and these scriptures have really spoken to me. Thank you Lord for this family and their ministry thu you. When I am week then He is strong!

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Susan, Thanks for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      Lord Jesus, We pray II Corinthians 12:9 over our friend Susan. Lord may she feel and know that in our weakness You are strong. Please wrap Your loving arms around her today. We praise You Lord! Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

16. Rachel 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Rachel and I live in Oklahoma. I enjoy connecting with people and am working on helping people living with dementia and their care partners. I learned about Jen through the Joni and friends tv series. I have been very encouraged through watching how God shines through Jen and has been with her through everything. I want to know and experience His closeness in my life as well.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Rachel, Thank you connecting with us and for sharing. We were just with Joni Tada last week in Nashville. She is awesome.
      Dear Heavenly Father, Please help Rachel to feel Your presence like never before. Please help her to know that You are walking beside her and she is never alone. May She seek you with her whole heart. We love you Lord! Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

17. Dana DeFur 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Dana and I live in Pendleton, Indiana. I read your book several years ago about the accident and Jen’s miracle. I would describe myself as tender-hearted, loyal and compassionate. I am a two time breast cancer survivor. My second round with this disease occurred this last year and just last week I had my last surgery. I want to experience God’s joy and not live in fear that this cancer will return. That is a daily battle for me and I know the Lord does not want me to have that fear. I am trying to figure out what His purpose is for me now that my sons are grown. Philippians is my favorite book, too!

Dear Dana,
      Thank you for connecting with us and for sharing your story.
      Lord Jesus, Thank you that we can trust you no matter what. Thank you that this is not our home. One day, we will see you face to face and you will make us new. Please wrap your arms of love and peace around our friend Dana. We claim Isaiah 41:10 over her right now, “Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

18. Melissa McBrayer 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen, My name is Melissa I live in Dallas Ga. I’m a Pastor’s wife and mother of 3 beautiful children. I’m also a homeschool mom. My two oldest has graduated and I have a 8th grader. I love the Lord and I love Life, Jesus has blessed our family beyond measure. Looking forward to Bible talk. I met you and your family a couple years ago in Toccoa Ga, at a ministries wives retreat. I would love for my daughter to be able to meet Jen. Hopefully she will be able to soon.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Melissa, Great to hear from you and thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Our family would love to come speak at your church and do a ladies event! That would be fun! Jen would love to meet your daughter. My husband, Andy, handles all of the speaking requests/events for Hope Out Loud.
      We are excited to see what God is going to do through Bible Talk!
      May God whisper His HOPE to your heart! Love, Linda and Jen

19. Sheila 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I’m Sheila and I live in North Carolina. So thrilled I got to meet your family once. I am a wife and mother even though my sons are 25 and 28. They don’t need much mothering anymore. I homeschooled them and loved it. I am new to the blogging world but I did blog about Miracle For Jen. I am praying God will help people find my blog and read your wonderful book. I pray your blog does well too.
    Mine is worthybookjourney.com

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Sheila, Great to connect with you through Bible Talk. Thank you for sharing with us. May God encourage your heart today as you serve Him! Love, Linda and Jen

20. Cindy Wiest 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I am in Cary, NC. I heard Linda and Jen in 2014 when they came to Apex Baptist Church. That womens conference was such a blessing for my mom, who lives in NE, and I to attend together. I am a servant at heart. I take care of my grandchildren while my daughter works. I call my self a granny….grandma-nanny. I had 4 children and now have 12 grandchildren.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Cindy, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. It was great to be with you all at Apex Baptist. That was a fun event!! Thanks for sharing. You are Super Nanny! Can’t wait to see what God is going to do through Bible Talk. Blessings, Linda and Jen

21. Meredith Brown 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Meredith and I am a student at Liberty Univeristy in Lynchburg, VA. I would describe myself as a coloring-lover and reflective (: I am really excited for this. It has already been encouraging to a worn-out student.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hey Meredith, This is Jen. Thanks for connecting with us on Bible Talk. I’m so glad God is encouraging your heart through Bible Talk. I’m praying for you. Please share Bible Talk with your friends at LU. Love, Jen

22. Rebecca 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi My name is Rebecca and I am from New York. I am having a hard time knowing God loves me. I am struggling right now. Your beautiful faces are an encouragement to me. There are two really big decisions I need to make right now. Please pray that I will have peace.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Rebecca, Thank you for sending us a message. We are so glad you want to connect with us through Bible Talk.
      Lord Jesus, Please speak your love directly to Rebecca’s heart. May she feel your love and peace like never before. May she know that she is a precious daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Please give her Your peace that passes all understanding. May she run to You, Lord Jesus. Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

23. Debbie Lacks 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen –

My name is Debbie and I’m from Farmville (just east of Lynchburg). My husband and I are fellow “Thomas Roaders” (we joined in 2010) and, aside from giving my life to Christ many years ago, it was the best decision we’ve ever made.

I first heard your family’s incredible testimony at TRBC one Sunday morning and when Jen signed to “You Are God Alone”, I don’t believe there was a dry eye in the sanctuary. I purchased “Miracle for Jen” and you both autographed it for me. I have shared your family’s story with so many people and have loaned my book out more times than I can count. Thank you for allowing God to speak through you. I LOVE your passion to share what He has done in your lives.

Would you remember my family in prayer? We just lost my sweet Daddy to colon cancer on January 30. It has been the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life. I miss him so very much.

God bless your family! ❤️

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Debbie, Thank you for sharing and for encouraging us. So great to connect with you through Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, Thank you for your love, thank you for the HOPE we have in you. Please whisper your encouragement and peace to our friend Debbie right now. One day, Lord Jesus we will see you face to face in Heaven where there is no more pain, suffering or death. Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

24. Shari Cucci 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Linda & Jen,
    Thank-you for blessing us, the Lord shines through Jen so much. I love to here he pray and know the story of where she has come from. We love your family. I am outgoing, a “nonna”, and I love the Lord also

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Shari, Thank you for connecting with us on Bible Talk. Thank you for your kind words. Our prayer is that God changes all of us as we study and talk about Philippians. May God encourage your heart! Love, Linda and Jen

25. Tricia Edwards 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hello Jen and Linda! You all came to my church in Salem VA at Fellowship Community Church a few years ago. You HONESTLY were such an inspiration for me. I didn’t get to say hi or get the book, but I will soon. Please pray for me as I battle depression, I’m on medications for it. It set in really bad when my Daddy died of dementia 7/21/14. I still at some point during the day will cry. I just turned 43 on February 5th, and I found out my 46 year old brother, has COPD ,severe asthma, he already has heart problems, and has 2 stints, and the polyps in his nose need to be removed to help with breathing, but they can’t take him off the blood thinners for surgeries. I found out yesterday that my other sister, sorry he is Michael, she is Brenda, 48 has cancer, some sort of lymphoma I’m guessing, or skin cancer, on her hand, I just fell apart. I’m working on my master’s degree at Liberty University, and I’ve been in appeals with them, finally getting them straight, but I’m helping take care of my Mama too. Rosetta. I just feel like going to a room and just staying huddled in a corner with a blanket and crying, I wish so bad that just one time I could actually feel the arms of Jesus around me and feel him holding me during these times. I love this and thank you for including me. I’m happily married, 14 years on September 14th to Jeremy, Mommy to John, 12, special needs, autism, adhd, severe receptive and expressive language disorder, more in the mindset of his six year sister, Anna Gayle. I’m blessed, but I’ve been so sad over all that’s happened last few years, I just can’t shake this, and I just wish I could feel the touch of the Master’s hand. Love You All, Tricia

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Lord Jesus, we uplift our friend, Tricia to You. You, Lord Jesus, are the Healer and Great Physician- Nothing is to hard for You. We pray that You would wrap Your loving arms around Tricia and that she would feel Your Love and Presence like never before. Please come to her rescue Lord Jesus. Thank You for loving Tricia with an Everlasting Love!! We Praise You!! Amen. Love Linda and Jen

• Tricia Edwards 2 years ago March 11, 2016

Thank you so much Linda and Jen, thank God for prayer warriors, which you all are. Without each other, it would be hard to go on in this sinful world. I have felt God with me , especially the last few days. Thank you so much for your prayers and for not forgetting me. I love you both, Tricia

26. Marianne Mitchell Silva 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hey Linda & Jen,

It’s remarkable and incredibly inspiring how The glory of the Lord just resonates from you. In spite of any obstacles Jesus is victorious in your lives! Thank you both for your availability to all of us! Your loving & joyful spirit shines in and through your prayers and in your anointed topics of conversation! ❤️ Such encouragement it’s just so exciting and I am thankful to you both. I can not WAIT to see what comes next. ❤️❤️ Love & prayers

• Marianne Mitchell Silva 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I meant to mention something you may pray for me.. I am learning to be a more Stategic prayer warrior, to know how to pray for my husband and children. Also our finances. I know God Isi control and we trust in Him. He is always faithful! I am reading Fervrent by Priscilla Shirer. I have a journal where I can write my prayers and scriptures. It’s a start and I pray i can be effective. I will put you and your ministry in my journal also and will pray for you. Please let me know how I too can pray for you

• Graceland 1 year ago October 10, 2016

Reading posts like this make surfing such a plarsuee

• http://www./ 12 months ago December 23, 2016

Real Estate Group! Today Matt Gregory has provides an important Valencia Northpark Community short sale update! Matt Gregory and his Gregory Real Estate Group are Northpark experts. Contact Matt

• nationwide ins. co 9 months ago March 17, 2017

I’m a non-pro that has limited time on higher end tools that Grizzly designs their models after. Given that, I’ve been very pleased with my Grizzly 1023S 3HP Cabinet Saw. All the settings have remained “set” since my initial tuning 2 years ago. No power complaints. I’ve had one bog down due to a blatant error on my part. Got lucky the board stayed put, actually. At $1000, works very fine for a weekender. Pro’s, couldn’t attest to that. . .

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Dear Marianne, It is so great to connect with you through Bible Talk. We will be praying for your daughter at LU. We are excited to see what God does in hearts and lives through Bible Talk. We trust in the Lord! He is Faithful and True!! Love, Linda and Jen

27. Pat 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Thank you, for the prayer. It was much needed. I’m Pat from Martinsville. My heart is aching due to 1 relatives spouse who has left home and the spouse left behind is disheartened and aching also . Then another relatives spouse moved out and came back but the relationship is still strained. Children are in both families and my heart aches for them, too, knowing there are difficult consequences following when one doesn’t abide by God’s will concerning the marriage vows.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Lord Jesus, We uplift Pat and her prayer request for her relatives and their families. God nothing is impossible for You! Amen.

28. Tamara 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi I am Tami and I am from Picayune, MS. I think I am friendly and always eager to learn something new especially from our Father. I am a retired teacher . I just ordered Total Bliss to share with a recovery group of young women who have Bible Study in my home. I am excited about Bible Talk. I have read your book about the accident and it touched me so and inspired me. Jen I love to hear you pray! Thank you both. Blessings to you and thank you for following God s will and allowing Him to speak through you both.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Tamara, So great to connect with you through Bible Talk. Thank you for ordering Total Bliss. We will be praying for you and your group as you meet that God would speak His Truth and Love to every heart! May God encourage your heart as you serve Him!

29. Marianne Mitchell Silva 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Linda & Jen, it’s me AGAIN! I was supposed to say where I live and 3 things about myself.
    1. I love the Lord Jesus and I’m so thankful for his salvation ❤️
    2. I must say I’m somewhat forgetful, and need a list! Lol, I’m a hot mess. I try to multitask and it usually means there’s burnt bacon!
    3 I live in Wayne, New Jersey
    Love you all

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Marianne, I totally understand, I’m right there with you. I just caught the microwave on fire the other day and almost burnt the house down. Thanks for sharing. Love, Linda

30. Jessica McClung 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hey there! I’m Jessica from Virginia. Heard you all speak a few years back. So excited to continue on this journey with you all. I work with kiddos with disabilities and am I mom to three children, two dogs, two cats, and two fish. I lead a Bible study at my church and we have enjoyed watching Jens video!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Jessica, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us. We hope you love Bible Talk. Our prayer is that God speaks to your heart through it. Maybe you could do Total Bliss at your church? Many churches are starting to place orders and we are hearing great feedback how God is using Total Bliss to impact hearts and lives all over the country. Blessings to you and your precious family, Linda and Jen

31. Dianne Vermilya 2 years ago March 2, 2016

I was at the Joni and Friends family retreat in 2014 when I met Jen. I am a PT, was a STM there, and was really blessed by my time there. I came home and read Jens book, shared it with others and am in awe of how God has healed Jen.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Dianne, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. We serve an All-Powerful, Loving God. There is nothing to hard for Him. We truly hope you enjoy Bible Talk. May God whisper His Peace and Hope to your heart! Love, Linda and Jen

32. Devin Nicholson 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hello! My name is Devin Nicholson, and I may not know you, but I do know that you met my Mom and prayed for me when I was back in the hospital in Lynchburg, Va. because I had a TBI in October 2014. I am now home in California. I am pretty tired pretty often, but I have fun even with the little things.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hey Devin, Thank for connecting with us. You are a miracle and we continue to pray for you. Please send us a pic and we will put it up on our prayer wall at the Hope Out Loud office. God loves you so much and He has an amazing plan for your life. You are a priceless daughter of the KING!!
      Lord Jesus, Please continue to heal our friend, Devin. Please encourage her heart and give her Your Peace that passes all understanding. May she feel Your loving arms wrap around her and hear You say “You are Mine, I Love You!”

33. Sarah Nicholson 2 years ago March 2, 2016

My name is Sarah and I am from California. I was blessed to meet you when you came to visit, offer encouragement and pray for our daughter Devin while she was in a coma in Lynchburg, VA. It was a difficult time but God’s peace was so comforting. We are back home in California and looking forward to sharing this study time with you.
    I would describe myself as humbled by God’s grace and trying to seek His plan after Devin’s TBI.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Sarah, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. We are praying for you and Devin. Our prayer is that God would encourage your hearts and that He would make Himself so real to you both. That His Love and Peace would overwhelm you. We are here for you as well.
      God, You are Good, You are Faithful and You are Sovereign. We trust in You alone. You are our Hiding Place and Refuge. We run to you, Lord Jesus. We need You. Please cradle Sarah and Devin in Your Loving Arms. Thank You Lord. We Love You. Amen.

34. Cheryl 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hello Linda and Jen from Cheryl and Connor in Roanoke. Despite his TBI Connor thanks God for giving him a second chance to live. And we are sustained by the knowledge that God’s plans are perfect.
    We think of and pray for your family often. Thank you so much for your ministry and this new study. This is exciting!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Cheryl, So great to hear from you. Thank you for connecting with us. We pray for Connor and he is on our prayer wall at the Hope Out Loud office. Lord Jesus, Please continue to heal Connor. May Connor know You have a tremendous plan for his life and that You will never fail or forsake him. Please bless Ms. Cheryl and Connor in ways they never dreamed possible. Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

35. Rosemary Lee 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi my name is Rosemary Lee and I live in Rustburg,Va. I stay busy with work and volunteering. I love you two and will be seeing you soon at a local church. As far as a prayer need I think once you start The Lord will fill in the blanks

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Rosemary, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Great. Please come see us. May God whisper His Hope and Peace to your heart. Love, Linda and Jen

36. Holly Silva 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi, my name is Holly 🙂 I really love this. I am actually in your relative, Ed hindson’s class for Bible Old Testament Survey. He is great and makes funny voices when he teaches. He is good friends with my grandfather, Daniel Mitchell. My mom, Marianne (Mitchell) Silva directed my to this video. I am so happy to see how God is using both of you and I know you had to go something hard in order to be where you are today. Gods plans are so unbelievable. I pray that your ministry will grow, and you are both wonderful lights. I also just wanna ask for a prayer because I am also going through something difficult. I beat myself up a lot, and I would love if I could have prayer to focus on the future, and grow in the Lord and make him the number one priority in my life and to trust him completely with life and be faithful to him. Thanks so much for reading 🙂

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Holly, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. That is great you have my father for OT at LU. Please share Bible Talk with all your friends. Lord Jesus, Please help encourage Holly and direct her path for the future. May she surrender all to You and trust You Lord. Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

37. Sue Friesen 2 years ago March 2, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen! I’m so thankful for everything is God is doing in your lives and for the bible study!
    My name is Sue Friesen, I live in West Sacramento Ca. I Love helping people and sharing Jesus with them, and enjoy Gods beautiful creations by biking, hiking and kayaking!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Sue, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Our prayer is that God would speak to your heart through BibLe Talk and it would encourage you to keep loving people and sharing Jesus. That is so great!! Love, Linda and Jen

38. Jonna Barrick Marsh 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi! I’m Jonna Barrick Marsh from Wattsville, Alabama. I read Jen’s book and shared it with family and friends. I’m a retired school teacher homeschooling a grand daughter in K5. I’m a cancer survivor and am grateful to be alive!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Jonna, Thank you for connecting with us and sharing. We love your middle name 🙂 Jennifer and Andy, my husband are cancer survivors as well. Lord Jesus, we love You. Thank You for each day and the HOPE we have in You. Please whisper Your Love and Encouragement to Jonna today. We trust only in You Lord! Amen.

• Jonna Barrick Marsh 2 years ago March 9, 2016

Barrick is my maiden name. It was the name Barrick that caught my attention when I saw Jen’s book and inspired me to read it. I’m so glad I did!

39. Genita Angel 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Dear Linda and Jen,
    I had the privilege of meeting you when you led a Women’s Retreat in Coeur d’Alene Idaho for Candlelight Christian Fellowship. I have worked as a P.T. all my life so have an appreciation for some of the challenges you deal with. My philosophy has always been to build and focus on what you do have and not what you don’t have. The Lord has definitely gifted you with that. I love music, especially the old time music and enjoy playing the piano. Since I met you the Lord has called us to a new church plant called Freedom Fellowship here in CDA. This has provided my husband with ministry opportunities to work side by side with the pastor as well as giving me the opportunity to be involved in the music. I often struggle between knowing that the Lord gives me many opportunities to minister through my work as a P.T. and my desire to have the freedom to be involved in other areas. We now have one grandchild (Ellie) in Alabama plus another one on the way. Thank God for cell phones and instant pictures! God is so good. May God continue to bless you as you seek and follow His leading.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Genita, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and sharing. You are right, everyday we have a choice to focus on the positive and be thankful. Jen says often, ‘We can’t change it so what are we going to do with it?” Our pain gives us a purpose and shouts to the world that God is real and He loves us.
      May God encourage your heart today! Love, Linda and Jen

40. Diane Perkins 2 years ago March 3, 2016

My Name is Diane Perkins, I live in Rockfird Michigan.

I am an imperfect child of God.
    I am a single mom of two adult son.
    I love our great God.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Diane, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      Thank you for sharing and for your happy photo. Dear Jesus, Please fill Diane with Your strength today. Help her to know You are walking beside her today and You are her escort! Amen.

41. Susan Lee 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi, My name is Susan Lee
    I live in Forest, Va
    I love getting closer to God & thankful for y’all ministry 🙂
    I came to the Lord in my 40’s so I feel like a child in a way , I’m so excited to know He loves me:)

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi Susan, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      Thanks for sharing. You are a daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He loves you with an Everlasting Love! May the Lord whisper His Love and His Peace to your heart as you seek Him. Love, Linda and Jen

42. melissa 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Hi, my name is Melissa Butler. I am from Southbury, CT. I listen, I am friendly, and try to be patient. I am a special ed teacher and a unified partner for special olympics. I am a children’s leader for BSF. I enjoyed this Bible Talk. I also enjoy getting your newsletters and I loved your book.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 4, 2016

Hi Melissa, Thank you for connecting with us and for sharing.
      We are so excited to see what God is going to do through Bible Talk. May God speak to your heart and may you feel His Love and Peace like never before. Love, Jen and Linda

43. Lorena Andress 2 years ago March 3, 2016

Linda and Jennifer I Love you guys <3 I I am so excited for this new adventure that God has in store for the both of you. I think of how it was your Dad and You Linda and now you and your daughter Jen teaching and praying.. Asking the King Jesus to anoint this new ministry!! Thank You for sharing it with the World <3
    Love You <3
    Lorena Andress

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 4, 2016

Hi Lorena, We Love You! Thank you for your prayers! We are so excited to see what God is going to do through Bible Talk around the world! You are a blessing dear friend. Love, Linda and Jen

44. Lanie 2 years ago March 4, 2016

My name is Lanie, and I live in Michigan. I love the Lord, love my family and volunteering in Christian programs and organizations. I am a retired journalist who still writes occasionally. My prayer requests are for people I know who have troubled marriages and for healing of a few health issues I have.
    Your family is such an inspiration to me. May the Lord continue to richly bless all of you in your various ministries!

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago March 4, 2016

Hi Lanie, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      Lord Jesus, We uplift Lanie and her health issues to You. Please heal her Lord. May she put all her Hope and Trust in You, Lord!
      Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

45. Mary Bachert 2 years ago March 4, 2016

My name is Mary and I live in Seaforth, Ontario. I am forgetful and unorganized but praise GOD I’m a child of the KING!
    I would appreciate your prayers as I deal with some health issues as well as a total knee replacement on March 15th.
    Thank you for sharing Bible talk. Is it just on Wednesdays? May the LORD bless you greatly as you share HIS W ord with us!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 4, 2016

Hi Mary, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. Yes, a new Bible Talk will come out every Wednesday.
      You are a precious child of the KING! Lord Jesus, Please wrap Your arms of love around Mary as she goes in for surgery on the 15th. Please give her Your Peace and may she hear You say “Fear Not”.

46. Claudia Baumann 2 years ago March 5, 2016

Dear Jen and Linda,
    my name is Claudia. I’m living in the southern part of Germany near Switzerland with my husband, one son and two daughters. Like you I love Jesus and want to follow him. Having read Jen’s book I’m impressed how God has guided and blessed you until now.
    Everytime I hear from you I feel glad and very encouraged.
    I am looking forward to watch Bible Talk.
    Love Claudia

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 5, 2016

Hi Claudia, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing about yourself. WOW! Southern Germany! Our God is so awesome!! May The Lord continue to bless and keep you and your precious family as you serve and honor Him with your life. Love, Linda and Jennifer

47. Lynnea Tate 2 years ago March 5, 2016

So thankful for you, Linda & Jen! I am so excited about how God is going to use this ministry to reach women around the world! We loved going through Total Bliss in our Friday morning women’s group in Bedford, VA. God used it in a powerful way. I am a pastor’s wife, mom of 4 & I am passionate about helping women realize who they are in Christ. Thank you for your obedience to share His word & truths!!! Love, Lynnea Tate

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 5, 2016

Hi Lynnea, We love you. Thank you for taking your women through Total Bliss! Our prayer is that God speaks to hearts and lives are forever changed through both Total Bliss and Bible Talk. Thanks for sharing and connecting with us. Love, Linda and Jen

48. Rhonda Castagne 2 years ago March 5, 2016

Hello Linda &Jen
    My name is Rhonda Castagne and I live in Lynchburg. I got to know you some while at bible study table with Jen during one In a million. I recently received your total bliss bible study to work through and read as I am recovering from breast cancer surgery. Three words to describe me would be energetic, outgoing and overcomer. Look forward to hearing bible talk each week.
    Love you all
    Rhonda

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 5, 2016

Hi Rhonda, Thank you for connecting and sharing. Lord Jesus, Please completely heal our friend Rhonda. Lord, Please wrap Your loving arms around her and may she hear You whisper, “Peace, Be still, Fear Not!” May God whisper His HOPE to you through Total Bliss. Love, Jen and Linda

49. Karen 2 years ago March 7, 2016

Hi! My name is Karen. I live in Spring, TX. I heard you and met you recently when you spoke at Birchman Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX. Thank you for sharing your incredible story and testimony. It is such an encouragement!

I would describe myself as loving, forgiven and blessed.

Please pray for my friend and her family. Her name is Christine. Her husbands name is Chris. Chris is in the hospital. He is very anemic and his kidneys are beginning to fail. He doesn’t know Jesus. Pray for his salvation! Pray also for their two children Brittany (she has turned her back on God and is claiming to now be an agnostic. Her fiancé is an atheist), and Joshua( he has special needs and is acting out at school because of his dad’s health)

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 7, 2016

Hi Karen, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. We had a great time with everyone at the SBTCF.
      Father God, We pray for Christine, her husband Chris and her children. Please make Yourself so real to each one of them and draw them to you Lord. You are more than enough Lord. Amen.

50. Hannah Whipple 2 years ago March 9, 2016

Hi! My name is Hannah I live in Star City AR. You might recognize the name we have had some interaction before and I’ve gotten a couple emails from ya’ll that were so encouraging to me and I just thank you so much! Jen you inspire me! I’m a believer I’m blessed their are times when I stop and think about how blessed I truly am and I’m so ashamed of myself for being so self centered and ungrateful but there are more times than I like to admit that I’m just very depressed and discouraged. My hope in the Lord, and belief is never compromised when I say depressed it’s usually because I’m thinking of how many times I fail Him in just one day and then of course because of circumstances. My circumstances are really bad right now I’m very alone, often my family does not understand me and I’ve been extremely hurt by pretty much everyone I was close to BUT that doesn’t really matter, I know if I want to start comparing sob stories 99 percent would be much worse then my own. Fortunately life is not about that and the Lord is so patient with me. But I do definitely beg for prayer I’m suffering from a very severe panic attacks for about 5 yrs now and their crippling I can talk move hard to breathe vomiting sometimes shaking it’s the worst and most terrifying feeling in the world it can’t be described. It is a medical condition I’ve been to Drs I’ve also had anointing with oil and prayers for healing but God hasn’t seen fit yet and I honestly can say I have to thank him for them because I have learned sooo much from them. I had to depend on Him (when I was really bad) to get out of bed in the a.m and now thankfully I do have medicines that helps tremendously. However I can’t hold down a job bc I can’t take my med and drive and work bc it makes me extremely drowsy n if I don’t I will get panic attacks at work n no matter how hard I try I just simply can’t work thru them they are crippling. Because of that I’m a 20 yr old living at home off my parents. I struggle so much with guilt knowing their struggling financially and also supporting me. I struggle with feeling like a burden and feeling useless, and this is compounded because my siblings predominately believe I’m just being lazy and I know they don’t understand but it’s still so hurtful. I recently found a new church and I have so blessed the Lord is so good I’m so thankful and I’ve made many new friends however it’s an hour and a half away so I can’t be near as involved or even form string friendships being so far away. I want to move there but it’s impossible because I have no job no way to support myself etc. sorry I didn’t mean to Erie a book I just really need prayer and I wanted to tell you so that you could pray for me more specifically. Thanks!!

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 9, 2016

Hi Hannah, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. Dear Heavenly Father, We pray for our friend, Hannah, Father God please completely heal her from her anxiety attacks. Lord Jesus, You are the Healer, nothing is to hard for You, Lord. Please cradle Hannah in Your arms and whisper to her heart, “I Love You, you are Mine!” Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

• Hannah Whipple 2 years ago March 9, 2016

Thank you so much! You have no idea what that means to me. I wish I could meet you both someday!!

51. Heidi 2 years ago March 12, 2016

Love this! My name is Heidi and I live in Aliso Viejo, CA. I would describe myself as over-ambitious, desiring more of God, and a little frazzled as a full-time working mom of littles. I’m very thankful for your ministry and can’t wait to watch the next video.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Heidi, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      May The Lord give you His HOPE and PEACE today. He is more than enough! Love, Linda and Jen

52. Shell 2 years ago March 15, 2016

Hi Linda & Jen,
    It’s Tom and Shell from Palmyra, PA. Three words to describe us: Tom is a servant, teacher and very creative. Shell is outgoing, loves to encourage others and serves the Lord in many ways. Tom and I have begun another Young Adult Ministry called YAC last fall. We just heard episode 2 of Bible Talk in Philippians and we are going to share your video with our young adults this Sunday as it ties to our topic of evangelism and it is a great example. You are right Jen as long as we are alive here on earth our job is to evangelize. I probably would have reacted just like your mom on the plane. 🙂 As moms we feel we have to have everything together and when life gets hard sometimes we feel defeated, but you remind us to have HOPE and JOY in all circumstances. We do have a choice! Your family has been an inspiration to Tom and I for many years. We love the book “Miracle for Jen” and I look forward to starting the Bible Study, Total Bliss. My mom was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and I was going to put the ladies retreat planning on hold, but God laid it on my heart to not STOP planning because of an illness because he can do amazing things and impact many lives through pain and trials. Thank you Andy, Linda, Jen and Josh for serving the Lord in many ways. Look forward to Bible Talk Episode 3.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 16, 2016

Hi Shell and Tom, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. We really appreciate your encouraging words. Lord Jesus, we pray for Shell’s mother, Lord. Please be her escort as she battles cancer. May she feel Your love and presence like never before. Please wrap Your arms of Love and Peace around her, Lord Jesus. Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

53. Lisette 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi! Playing catch up since my son was home from college. I’m Lisette from South Florida. Three words? I guess, creative, analytical….I think I’ll give the third more thought lol. Looking forward to the study. God bless you.

• linda Barrick 2 years ago March 17, 2016

Hi Lisette, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. We look forward to studying God’s Word together through Bible Talk. Our prayer is that God speaks directly to you and your heart is encouraged by The Lord! Love, Linda and Jen

54. Kelly 2 years ago May 13, 2016

Hi! My name is Kelly and I live in Fredericksburg , Virginia . I am so inspired and encouraged by your story , as my daughter has been battling after effects of a concussion two and a half years ago . Your story and jen’s pure , precious relationship with Jesus encourages and blesses me . I would describe myself as someone who loves Jesus, my family, and sweet tea ❤️

55. Beatris 1 year ago September 18, 2016

If you are interested in topic: earn money from home uk data entry – you
    should read about Bucksflooder first

56. Julie Lynn Alexander 5 hours ago December 13, 2017

Hi Linda and Jen!

Linda, I went to high school with you at LCA! I commuted from Danville to Lynchburg at the end of my junior and senior years, having transferred from GWHS during a painful, difficult time in my life. You were always super loving and tender to every soul and I adored you then and do still! This video is powerful and just…..WOW it’s powerful! Thank you so much for your spirit infused ministry and for your faithfulness to Jesus! Life is awesome when He is the chosen personal master of our lives! Much love and prayers for you and yours. Merry Christmas! Julie