Here Am I… Send Me!

When Jen first came home from the hospital we would kneel as a family and we would ask God to heal her of her traumatic brain injury. The most unbelievable thing happened… Jen started praying to the Lord, “Have I met all of your expectations today?”

If we can change our prayers from “Lord fix me” to “Lord use me,” then it changes everything!

Are you Willing to Say Here Am I… Send Me?

1. Lisa 8 months ago July 27, 2016

Here Am I Send Me Yes I Love This One Jen & Linda & Andy I will take this challenge. Andy it was good seeing on today keep coming on…God Bless. Sorry I missed the last one I am going to go listen now.

• Langston Spell 8 months ago July 27, 2016

Thank you for the prayer, “Here am I; send me.” I will pray that again and again. Also, since your recommendation to roll out of bed, onto your knees, and into prayer, I’ve been doing that, and it has meant so much to me to begin my day with that prayer time.

• jen Barrick 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Hi Langston, Thank you for sharing. So glad you are surrendering everyday to the Lord. He is going to use you in mighty ways for His Glory. Love, Jen

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Hi Lisa, That is awesome. God is going to use you in ways you never dreamed possible for His Glory! You are a priceless daughter of the King! Love, Linda, Jen and Andy

• Lisa 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Amen I believe those words Linda. Thank you. I will do this everyday when I get through out my day. If I could ask for some prayers been getting headache everyday now going into the Dr. Monday. Love Hugs

2. Linda Trowe 8 months ago July 27, 2016

I was a traveling competing tennis player. Between tennis, work and homemaker, I had very little time for service.
    One night on my knees I prayed “God if there is anything keeping me from serving You fully, take it from me”. The next morning as I got out of bed, I couldn’t walk. Tennis was not to be in my life ever again.
    I was devastated; however, the end of tennis was my beginning of service. I have asked God those very words “Here Am I send me.” Every place He has sent me are places I would NEVER choose to go on my own. He immediately sent me into hospice ministry. Then Caregiving for dementia and parkinson patients. I promise wherever He sent me I was not equipped on my own. I promise also my life was forever changed when I said those 5 words.

• Rachel 8 months ago July 27, 2016

Thank you for sharing your story! I also work with and help people dealing with dementia. So often I feel overwhelmed and then I am pushed to rely not on my own strength but on Jesus. He uses this to make me so much more dependent on Him!! May you be blessed as He uses you to bless those you’re caring for.

• Linda Barrick 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Hi Rachel, Thank you for the awesome reminder- In our weakness, HE is strong!! Love, Linda and Jen

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Hi Linda, Thank you for sharing your journey. Wow, that is so powerful!! God only wants our availability, and He will do the rest!!
      May God richly bless and keep you as you serve the King!
      Love, Linda, Jen and Andy

3. Clari 8 months ago July 28, 2016

I was deeply impressed by Jen’s story back then. And because of it, I did start asking God to use me for His purpose. But I also ask Him to fix me because what I’m struggling with is extremely un-Christian: Generalised Anxiety Disorder which makes me constantly scared, the opposite of what Christians should be. I will keep praying for God to use me even though I feel the shame over struggling with something that God doesn’t want – and maybe therefore being someone God doesn’t want. But I will keep praying and hoping that, maybe, one day, the Lord will be willing to use me.

• Andy Barrick 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Lord Jesus, Please wrap your arms of Love and Peace around Clari.
      May she feel You near like never before. Please whisper Hope to her heart. Please use her in ways she never dreamed possible for Your Glory Lord! Amen.

4. Diane Bower 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Dear Jen, Andy and Linda,
    Jim and I are so thankful for Hope Out Loud. We love to hear Jen pray. We pray for all of you and Josh too.
    Diane

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Hi Diane and Jim, Thank you for your prayers. We truly value them. We are also very thankful that you are a Hope Partner and help us share Jesus with a lost and broken world!
      Love, Linda, Andy and Jennifer (Josh to)

5. Jennifer Stone 8 months ago July 28, 2016

Hello family,
    I am ready to say the words, here am I, send me. What a powerful message. Thank you for sharing so much of your lives with us. It makes such an impression on me to see how strong, faithful, and beautiful your love of the Lord is.

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Jennifer, That is so awesome. God is going to use you in ways you never dreamed possible for His glory!! Thank you for your kind words. May the Lord whisper His Hope and Peace to your heart.
      Love, Linda and Jennifer

6. Karen 8 months ago July 29, 2016

Boy did I need this! I thank you for reminding me that I am so selfish in my prayer life. Here I am Lord send me

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Amen Karen. God has amazing plans for your life to make Jesus Christ famous to everyone He brings into your path. Love, Linda, Jennifer and Andy

7. tomerdmann 8 months ago July 29, 2016

Here am I send me!! This is truly life changing and I so envy your ministry and the personal relationship Jen has with the Lord. May I take my focus off myself and onto the Lord.

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Dear Tomerdmann- It truly is life changing when we change our prayers to “Lord, use me!” May the Lord use you in powerful ways for His glory as you keep your eyes focused on Him! Blessings!
      The Barrick Family

8. Miriam 8 months ago July 29, 2016

Hello Jen, Linda, Andy:
    Grateful to hear your message today , I keep praying myself also that God should use me to carry out His plans. I think when things are tough and the going gets hard , such as in sickness, the idea that living faithfully sustains us and gives us hope. Thank you for reminding me of that. Please pray for my physical and spiritual healing. God bless you, Miriam

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Dear Miriam, Our HOPE is found in The Lord! Lord Jesus, we uplift our friend, Miriam, to you Lord. We ask for physical and spiritual healing for Miriam, Lord. You know our every need Lord, so we trust in You alone. You are our Healer and Deliverer Lord! Amen.

9. Rachel 8 months ago July 29, 2016

Thank you for the reminder that our prayers should not be so focused on me and my needs but focused on God and His plans. Praying that He will use me. “Here I am, Lord. Please send me.”

• linda Barrick 8 months ago July 31, 2016

Lord Jesus, Thank you that we can trust in You. We know Your plans are always perfect Lord. Please use Rachel in ways she never dreamed possible for Your Eternal Glory, Father God. Amen.

10. Marja Poutiainen 8 months ago August 3, 2016

Here am I, send me!! Thank you very much for this program! I too often ask God to do something for me, not so much what I could do for Him. I kneel down the first thing in the morning (often very tired), but I feel I have not served the Lord very well. But yes, It has helped me and kept me on the right path. God bless you Jen, Linda and Andy!!! With best summer regards from Marja 🙂