Jesus is My Best Example

Jesus teaches us how to pray for our daily needs, how to pray scripture out lout, and how to forgive those who have hurt us. He also shows us the importance of getting alone with God the Father in a quiet place.

Jen likes to get alone with God in her bedroom. Linda loves to talk to God on her back porch and in the car.

Do you have a special place where you like to be alone with God? Comment below, we would love to hear from you!

1. Lisa 7 months ago July 13, 2016

Hello Jen & Linda

You two are amazing you both glow I love you. My quiet time alone with God I love to be 1. In my room I made a little prayer corner to have my time with the Lord. The most place I love to be to have quiet time with the Lord is in a field where there is bird singing and lots of flowers and the smell of the breeze and the air very peaceful I can sing to God and talk to Him out loud with no one there. There are may other places but these two are the best. I love the outdoors. God Bless You Two.

• linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing your favorite places to have your time with the Lord! We love the outdoors as well. May God whisper His Hope and Peace to your heart. Love, Linda and Jen

• Lisa 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Awww thank you for your kind words and your welcome. The outdoors is a lot of fun when you find that peaceful spot. God bless you Linda &Jen

2. melissa 7 months ago July 13, 2016

Hi, I really enjoyed this Bible Talk. It fits for how I am feeling. This summer I am in the process of moving into a condo. This is my first place. I am excited, but nervous. I pray that God will help me to take one day at a time. I like to pray in our back room. I like to have my coffee, light the the tree that is in that room, and put my candle on. I also pray on my deck, in the car, and at the pool where I swim. I mentioned to you before that I am a children’s leader for BSF. I tell the kids that God never gets tired of us. He wants us to come to Him when we are happy, excited, sad, angry, or nervous. We can send a prayer up to God when we are in
    our house, at school, in church, on the soccer field, in the car, or even in the bathroom. Sorry this is so long. Hope all is well. Again I really enjoy these Bible Talks.

• Linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hey Melissa, Thank you for sharing your favorite places to be alone with God. We love coffee to! Thank you for the reminder that God never gets tired or weary of us. Love, Linda and Jen

3. sheila payne 7 months ago July 14, 2016

My laundry room is my special place. Never thought of this before but that is the room of my home where lots of things get washed clean–so it is fitting that it is my prayer room. I have a desk and shelves that I have set up as my little office. Still praying for my sons to find Godly wives too.

• linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Sheila, Thank you for sharing about your laundry room as your special place for prayer. Love it- Lord cleanse us as white as snow. Love, Linda and Jen

4. Christine T 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Good morning Jen,
    I love to spend time with God in the morning ;in my bedroom.
    I usually read a bit from the word; then a page from Hope out Loud Prayers and a page from A Beth Moore book. However, the word of God is my everything. I yearn to feel His presence in His word and for the eyes of my understanding to be opened and to just soak in his Promises. The prayers in your book really speak deeply to my heart.
    I love Psalms 103… Bless the Lord oh my soul and ALL that is within me Bless His Holy name. Thank you for these great videos Jen.
    You and your mom are a great team !

• linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Christina, Thank you for for your kind comments and for sharing your special place to get alone with the Lord. I’m so glad you are enjoying the Hope Out Loud Prayers. Our prayer is that God uses it to speak Hope and Peace to hearts.
      Love, Jen

5. Athena 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Your book has brought me an understanding of how much i need God daily, hourly. Thank you so much. Im at my parents house right now taking a break from 25 yrs of marriage, so in their peace room im drawing closer to God, but at my house its in my closet, i set a space in there to pray, like the War Room lady… God bless both of u and your family!!!!

• Aurora 7 months ago July 14, 2016

July 15th

Jen you and your Mom is an inspiration to many. I just love the way you pray. I listened to you and your mom on 100 Huntley Street in Canada. You both were interviewed by Maggie John
      Keep up the good works!! I started addressing my Heavenly father as Daddy, it’s makes me feel so much closer to God.

I love to spend time in my bed room at the window, where the sun shines brightly. I also loves to pray in my closet where I post names of people on the wall to pray for. Also when I’m walking and when I am in my car. Jesus is every thing to me. Psalm 103 V 11-12 is a very special Psalm to me. I’m reminded how much God loves us, He removes our sins as far as the East is from the West.

• linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Aurora, We are so glad you get to the 100 Huntley St program.
        We love all of our friends at 100 Huntley St. They truly are a blessing to us and the Hope Out Loud ministry.
        Thank you for sharing. It is so great that we can call our Heavenly Father, Daddy! He wants to cradle us in His Everlasting Arms of Love and Peace. Love, Linda and Jen

• linda Barrick 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Athena, Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a restful and blessed time at your parents. We love the prayer closet!
      May God whisper Hope and Peace to your heart today!!

6. Marja Poutiainen 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Jen and Linda 🙂

I pray mostly in our bedroom and quietly in a bus. Sometimes also when walking. I have the feeling I must pray more and stay closer to God and Jesus.. Grow closer to Him than I used to be. Then I would grow in faith, love and vocation. Thank you very much for your good programs and prayers!!! God bless you and have a sunny and beautiful summer!! With lots of love and prayers, Marja

• Linda Barrick 7 months ago July 15, 2016

Hi Marja!
      I’m so glad you are growing closer to Jesus. He wants to be your best friend. You can tell Him everything. You can ask Him for what you need today. May He fill you with His joy and peace!
      We are praying for you as you grow in your faith.

7. Anita Morgan 7 months ago July 14, 2016

I have my ” alone time ” with God every morning right after feeding our 7 dogs. I grab my coffee while my dogs patiently wait for our morning walk together ( I also call my daily devotional). Only 3 of my dogs are inside dogs. I know it sounds crazy.
    The first thing I say to Jesus is, I thank him for allowing me to wake to a new day. And then, I speak to our father mostly giving him the praise and glory and, for watching over my family.
    It’s awesome to be able to pour out my heart and sole to the Lord.
    Gets my day going and, I don’t think any Christian would argue that. What an awesome God we have.
    I’m so thankful for learning of Jen and the family’s story. It’s made me a better person in so many ways.

• Linda Barrick 7 months ago July 15, 2016

Hi Anita!
      Wow! Seven dogs! That’s a full time job. I love that you wake up and thank God for each new day. Jen and I love to pray, ” Lord do t let us miss one plan you have for us today!”
      May God bless you with the peace of His Presence today!

8. Natalie Sluja 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hello Jen & Linda!

Thanks SO much for sharing your love of Jesus & His love for us!
    My favorite time to hear from Jesus is first thing in the morning in a room I call my library. It’s very peaceful and contemplative. I pray, do my Bible study, read my devotionals and sit quietly to wait on a word from the Lord. I can see the sun shining outside on the beautiful hydrangeas and watch the yellow finches at the feeder…all are reminders of His gorgeous creations!
    This time alone with Him allows me to remember that it’s His will for the day, not mine.
    If I don’t have this time with the Lord, I feel completely unprepared for the day!

• Linda Barrick 7 months ago July 15, 2016

Hi Natalie!
      That brings joy to my heart what you said about reading your Devotionals and then sitting “quietly and waiting on a word from the Lord.”
      Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to be still and listen to what God wants to speak to our hearts. Jen says “God is always talking, but we aren’t always listening.”
      May God bless you and use you in ways you never dreamed possible for His Glory!

9. Sherry 7 months ago July 14, 2016

Hi Jen and Linda, just love hearing from you two…your both very encouraging and I thank you for keeping me accountable. At this time, I have been loving my morning quiet time outside when it is not too muggy. We live on the water and it is joyful for me to start my day having the beauty of the outdoors around me when spending time with the Lord. I watch the seagulls and all the other type of birds flying over the water. I’m constantly in awe of the beautiful sky He created, and amazed as I watch the birds fly and glide through the air, and plunge into the water. It makes my quiet time of reading and praying more focused and peaceful and less distracted by being in the house.

• Linda Barrick 7 months ago July 15, 2016

Hi Sherry!
      I can just picture the beautiful setting you described in the water with the seagulls. God often smiles at us through His beautiful creation. Jen and I walk in our neighborhood almost every day and Jen will say “Thanks God for whispering I Love you to me through the birds or thank you for painting such a beautiful sunset for me.” Jen and I also like to pray out loud on our walks. It is a special time of enjoying God’s Presence. As if He was walking right beside us.

10. Adrian-Lee Steininger 7 months ago July 15, 2016

I have two favorite places where I love to be alone with God. With the heat right now here in St. Petersburg, FL I stay in my bedroom and read the Bible, Our Daily Bread, and God Calling. I speak to the Father, to Jesus, and to the Holy Spirit out loud. My kitty, Miracle, listens sometimes and I’ve even prayed on her as she has glaucoma in her right eye and needs eye drops twice a day. She was bitten by some animal and the eye got infected. The vet wanted to remove the eye but we wouldn’t let them as we felt she could see. My Mom had glaucoma too and used almost the same drops for her eyes. The second place I love to pray is out in God’s beautiful nature. I just went through Tres Dias #37 in Tampa where I was a prayer person for all who attended. I prayed constantly for all the women, the few men who were there and the whole campground. I prayed that the Holy Spirit I felt was there would stay so that the next group of people would feel His Spirit too. I saw you all at Calvary Chapel and I love the cross I bought you designed Jen. You two are such lights in this dark world. You shine! Love ya!

• Jen Barrick 7 months ago July 26, 2016

Hi Adrian!
      Thank you so much for reaching out to us. That is wonderful that you are a prayer warrior! I love that our prayers transcend time and space. The prayers that you pray today can impact the next generation. I’m so glad you like the cross necklace and that you came to hear us speak.

We loved being at Calvary Chapel St. Pete. What a great church! I hope we get to come back sometime soon. May God bless you and fill you with JOY in His Presence and may He cradle you in His everlasting arms. You are never alone because Jesus is your ESCORT. I know He is so proud of you!

Love, Jen