Prayer is a Personal Relationship

Prayer is the best part of Jen’s day.  She says “It’s like crawling up into the lap of Jesus and talking to her best friend”.  Prayer is God’s gift to us.  It’s a privilege.  You don’t need to use fancy words.  Just picture Jesus standing beside you and talk to Him like you would a close friend.  He’s right there with you.  If you need joy, ask Him!  If you need strength, He wants to come to your rescue. What will you ask God for today?  Let us know in the comments 🙂

1. Marja Poutiainen 9 months ago June 24, 2016

Hello Jen and Linda 🙂

I found your web page from the Joniandfriends page, which I follow eagerly. I looked at the movies made of Jen and was deeply touched! God speaks very much encouraging words through you! Thank you for proclaiming the Gospel in such a wonderful way!!

My life in faith is rather weak and more like desert, but I have faith in Jesus. I would like it to change to be a more living and working faith full of joy!

My husband and I are slightly handicapped and we live in Finland. We are happy together, even though we could be healthier. 🙂

I would like to start the 30 days prayer challenge. Is it still possible??

God bless you Jen, Linda and the whole family!!!! Have a sunny and wonderful summer 🙂 We ´ll be praying for you.

with lots of love and prayers, Marja

• Rachel 9 months ago June 27, 2016

Marja,
      I learned about Jen and her story through Joni and Friends as well!
      I hope that you will do the prayer challenge and are blessed as a result. As I’ve been doing it, it’s been exciting to see how God has directed my steps – usually in unexpected ways!
      Blessings to you and your husband.

• Marja Poutiainen 9 months ago June 27, 2016

Hello Rachel 🙂

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I´ll do the 30 days prayer challenge! Blessings to you too!!!

• Jen Barrick 9 months ago June 30, 2016

Hi Rachel!
        I’m thrilled you are seeing God direct your steps. That is wonderful. I pray that you will feel His Presence and not miss one divine appointment that He has for you each day.

Love, Jen

• Jen Barrick 9 months ago June 30, 2016

Hi Marja!
      Yes absolutely you can start the prayer challenge anytime! I’m so excited that you found me through Joni and Friends. That is amazing that you live in Finland and God has brought our paths together. I will be praying for you and your husband.
      Dear Heavenly Father,
      Please wrap Your arms of love around Marja and her husband and whisper HOPE in their ears. May they know that You are so proud of them and that You love them so much. Lord, please use Marja and her husband in ways they never dreamed possible for Your Glory! May their story shout to others that You God are real and You are Faithful! Please BLESS them and shine Your favor on them.
      In Jesus Name, Amen.
      Much Love, Jen

• Marja Poutiainen 9 months ago July 1, 2016

Thank you very much Jen!!!!:) We are very happy that you pray for us!!! With lots of love and prayers, Marja

2. Shannon 9 months ago June 30, 2016

Dear Jen,
    I accepted Jesus as my Savior when you spoke at Calvary Chapel East Anaheim in Ca. I now feel different and I have never had so much joy. Thank you for sharing Jesus with me. I am forever grateful.

• Linda and Jen 9 months ago July 1, 2016

oh wow! This just makes me jump for JOY! so awesome! Shannon – you are now a daughter of the KING! God loves you so much. We will be praying for you. It is important to tell a friend or someone at the church who can mentor you and help you grow in your relationship with Jesus. If you will email me at Linda@hopeoutloud.com, I will connect with you with my friend who lives there and would love to meet with you.

Linda and Jen