Rejoice in the Lord Always

Jen wants to hear from you.  Take a moment after you watch the video to comment below with your answer to this week’s question.

Scripture Reference For This Episode:

Philippians 4:4-9 New International Version

Final Exhortations

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Before you leave, we’d like to know what’s one thing you could change this week to guard your heart & mind?

1. Lisa 12 months ago May 4, 2016

Hi Jen &Linda. Its always great to here your voice and to here Jen read so proud of you Jen. & Linda so great to have you has a Sister In Christ and to here how well you are doing. One thing I want to change and do different is to go out and pray for others no matter if you don’t know them and also to be in Gods word more sometimes when you are feeling so down you need His words to touch you. Like yesterday and today feeling pretty low so I have been in Gods word just reading with worship music on sometimes music does it for me. There is a lot of things we could do different in our life here is another one help the homeless one of my favorite things to do help me feel good about myself.. I always look forward to getting your encouragement from both of you. God Bless You Both.

• Linda and Jen 12 months ago May 4, 2016

Hi Lisa!
      That is so awesome that you like to help the homeless. When we reach out and help others it gets our focus off our own problems. It fills us with unexplainable joy and hope! We are praying for you this week that God will bring people in your path that you could stop and pray with and encourage.
      We can ask God for ‘Divine Appointments” every day.

• Lisa 12 months ago May 4, 2016

Hi Jen & Linda.

Thank you for your sweet words. I have always loved to help the homeless it makes me feel good inside my heart to see them smile. I have a prayer meeting this Saturday to pray with some amazing women.. God is so amazing.. God Bless You And Your Family.

2. Daniel Barton 12 months ago May 4, 2016

I could love my brothes more who are younger than me. Being the oldest brother of four younger brothers below me can be hard at times. That the Lord will renew my love for my brothes more and more.

3. Daniel Barton 12 months ago May 4, 2016

That I would be able to be a man of God every day of my life, and be the man that God wants me to be. That I would forget the past, and remember all of the many blessings that God will bless me with down the road.

• Linda and Jen 12 months ago May 4, 2016

Hi Daniel!
      Here is a prayer for you –
      Dear Heavenly Father,
      Please fill Daniel with your strength today. Give him Your love for his brothers and help him to let go of the past and know that You are going to use him in “new ways” for Your glory. May Daniel be a mighty warrior for You. Please bring people in his path that he can encourage and share the hope of Jesus!
      Amen!

4. Tracey 12 months ago May 4, 2016

Dear Jen & Linda ~ Thank you for being transparent. I look forward to my time with the two of you each day & the little nuggets of truth you share!
    It’s easy to get into the routine of junk tv & I’ve been making an effort this last month to cut out shows that aren’t good choices. I love that you mentioned it today… Brings some affirmation 🙂
    I pray for you both. Hugs & Aloha ~ Tracey

• Linda and Jen 12 months ago May 4, 2016

HI Tracey! Thank you for responding! I love that you are listening to God’s Voice and obeying what He tells you to do. We are praying for you that God will continue to give you wisdom and courage each day.

5. Tamela 12 months ago May 4, 2016

I have a lot of broken pieces in my life right now but I could fill my heart with scripture and praise songs more than I do with social media and Facebook this week. I am joining a small group this summer to do your study on Total Bliss and I am really looking forward to what God is going to teach me through it.

• Linda Barrick 12 months ago May 16, 2016

Hi Tamela!
      I’m so glad you are doing the Total Bliss Bible study this summer. We will be praying for God to speak hope to your heart. I love that you are wanting to fill your life with more praise songs and Scripture. I think it is so important for all of us to put boundaries on the time we spend on social media. So we don’t fall into the comparison trap. May God bless you in ways you never dreamed possible!
      Love, Linda

6. Tricia Edwards 12 months ago May 5, 2016

Hi Jen and Linda, I have to say that I was actually excited when I heard and joined this post tonight, because I have actually given up on facebook/twitter almost 80% of the time I used to be on here. I’m focusing on all the glory that is around me, my beautiful home he’s blessed me with, my children , my dog Buster, my husband, my church, just , WOW! I’m so blessed, and I don’t want me to be remembered as a computer slob. Thank You for making a difference yet AGAIN for me today. Happy Early Mother’s Day Linda! I love you all so much! Tricia

• Linda Barrick 12 months ago May 16, 2016

HI Tricia!
      That is great that God is whispering to your heart to reduce your social media time. I know God will bless you. We are praying for you! So often we miss precious moments with our families because we are consumed with our phones and computers.

7. Sheila 12 months ago May 5, 2016

I love this message. I need it daily. My default thinking is worry. I worry about my children (true gifts from God❤) and the future of our country. What I think God is probably saying for me to do is to not watch so much news and instead pray for my children and the country.

• Linda Barrick 12 months ago May 16, 2016

Hi Shiela!
      You are so right. We need to battle for our children and our country in prayer instead of wasting our time worrying. Fear is paralyzing. God holds the whole world in His hands. We can trust Him. Prayer is our secret weapon against satan. Prayer is powerful! We can be mighty warriors for our families!
      May God bless you and use you to make a difference in the world!
      Love, Linda

• Rosie 7 months ago October 10, 2016

A simple and inenlligett point, well made. Thanks!

• http://www./ 2 months ago February 28, 2017

Hi Lizzie!! I jst finished Damian Immortal. I really loved it. This whole series keeps you binding . I loved Rhyn series. All the characters have both shades negative and positive. It seems so real .Can you please send me a pdf of Rhyn’s redemption. I am dying to read it ..plz…plz….plz….

8. melissa 12 months ago May 7, 2016

Hi, I love the Bible talks. I hope that they will continue. We talked about some of the things that you mentioned at our Bible study today. I love those verses also. This is a busy time of year for me. I need to put my trust in Jesus and take one day at a time. Jesus will provide for me and help me to get through all I need to do and not get anxious. I was anxious this morning when I got home with all I had to do. I decided to sit and do my Bible work first. I am more at peace now.

• Linda Barrick 12 months ago May 16, 2016

Hi Melissa!
      I’m thrilled that you like Bible Talk. June 1, we will start posting videos on prayer. I think you will love them 🙂

You are so right about putting our trust in Jesus one day at a time. When I’m anxious, I have to stop and breathe and read God’s Word to re-wallpaper my mind with truth. God’s peace is His gift to us! May God fill you with His Peace this week as you rest in His Everlasting arms.
      Love, Linda

9. Cathy Allen 12 months ago May 12, 2016

Linda and Jen,
    I so loved hearing your testimony and meeting you on Sunday. I finished “Miracle for Jen” by Tuesday as I couldn’t put it down. God is so great! I love Him so much for doing all the magnificent miracles in your lives. I am in awe! My favorite part are Jen’s prayers! I would love to get a CD of Jen’s prayers with her praying them. I love hearing how she talks to our Lord! I want to talk to Him like that. I started already! I am so encouraged how you praise Him in all circumstances as He deserves our praise. I am a Registered nurse who specialized in Neuro ICU and it is so amazing to see how God has healed you. It is such a miracle! I am in awe of our Creator! Thank you for sharing your testimony! I am forever changed.
    With all my love,
    Cathy Allen

• Linda Barrick 12 months ago May 16, 2016

HI Cathy!
      Wow! Your message encouraged me so much! I am praising God for how you are praying and talking to God. I love your idea about putting Jen’s prayers on a CD. Her pure joy and uninhibited love for her Savior is contagious. We are going to Israel soon and I can’t wait to video Jen praying at some of the places where Jesus walked and healed people. I can’t even imagine how excited Jen will be and what the Holy Spirit will speak through her.
      May God bless you and may He use you in ways you never dreamed possible to make a difference in the lives of others.
      Jesus is walking beside you holding your hand. you can talk to Him all through your day and ask Him for what you need. He is your Escort!
      Love, Linda