Speaking Truth to Your Heart

Jen wants to hear from you.  Take a moment after you watch the video to comment below with your answer to this week’s question.

Scripture Reference For This Episode:

Philippians 3:12-21 New International Version

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Following Paul’s Example

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Before you leave, what is one truth that God spoke to your heart today?

1. Amanda Currie 1 year ago April 20, 2016

Jen & Linda, We started Total Bliss at Blythefield today! Lots of great energy and passion over starting this! So much hope in your story and we are all encouraged and moved just after the first session! So thankful for you and your choice to move towards ‘better’ instead of ‘bitter’. God is using you in mighty ways and we’re so grateful!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Amanda, We love you! Thank you for sharing. Our prayer is that God speaks to every heart through Total Bliss and lives are forever changed by the power of the Holy Spirit. Hope to see you in November. Love, Linda and Jen

2. Yvonne Noblitt 1 year ago April 20, 2016

Thanks for today’s encouragement. And praising God with you that God is continuing to heal Jen! How good is our GOD!

• linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Yvonne, We love you! Thank you for always encouraging us.
      Yes- God is so Faithful and True. We praise His Holy Name!!
      Looking forward to seeing you in June. Love, Linda and Jen

3. Janine 1 year ago April 20, 2016

Hi Linda and Jen!
    I love God’s truth about winning our race – in the world when we run a race only the first person to cross the finish line is the winner BUT in God’s race – HE says we are all winners! YOU’RE A WINNER WHEN YOU RUN FOR JESUS!! YAY!
    Dear Jesus, thank You for healing Jen more and more all the time because by Your stripes she is healed! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
    Lots of love, Janine

• Jen Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Janine, Thank you for praying for me. Lord Jesus, Please bless my friend Janine. Please give her the strength and courage to run the race Lord and to always hold on to You! Amen. Love, Jen

4. Elaine 1 year ago April 20, 2016

Dear Jen and Linda,
    You two continually inspire me along with the Lord!
    Today’s verse was a great reminder to forget what is behind, even if it’s just a minor irritation, and to focus on what’s ahead – our citizenship in heaven – the PRIZE. Blessings to you both and to the other members of your wonderful family!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Elaine, Thank you for sharing. Lord Jesus, We focus on You Lord! Help us to never take our eyes off of You!! We love You, Lord.
      Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

5. Daniel Barton 1 year ago April 20, 2016

The Lord will give me a new heart. God will restore my heart when I get to heaven. I was born with a serious heart problem which was fixed with a open heart surgery at three months, then the Lord bless me with a new heart. I had the old heart replaced at nine months old. Taking medication to protect the heart from being rejected. I have had the heart for twenty years without problems. Jen, I want the Lord to give me a chance to share this testimony. I did it at my work. Want more chancs. I want to press on to when the prize that the Lord has for me. You are a great encouragement to me, and a great example to put things behind. Praise God for healing Jen’s eyes. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

• jen Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

HI Daniel, You to are a walking, talking miracle of the Lord. Lord Jesus, Please give Daniel opportunities to share his story of Your Faithfulness and Healing, Lord. We trust in You alone Lord!
      Amen. Love, Jen

6. Lisa 1 year ago April 20, 2016

Dear Jen & Linda

This was a grat reminder for me the bible verse and your encouragement. I have been blessed by you both since you stared this. Today has I was doing my photography I was doing a little cute family Dad & Mom and Little Girl we tried to keep her still for the photos but her little one year old body just wanted to run it was like she wanted to run with the wind and that is what she did. That is how I do my work it does not matter how the photos come out as long as they come out. This little girl Eva reeminded me one Truth that God spoke to my heart today. Was you have to have Faith in everything just like running in the wind. Love that song as well Jen its a great reminder. When I get to Heaven my dream is to sit on my Daddy lap and here Him sing to me. I never had a dad to do that. I have another prayer Request if its OK to put here. Still getting headaches and every test they did all came back fine if you can pray that they can help me in a way I can feel God touch. Thanks Jen & Linda. God Bless You Two. Photo of me and my son coming. PS. The link is the song.

I Can Only Imagine (MercyMe song)

7. Diane 1 year ago April 20, 2016

One truth that God spoke to my heart while sharing this devotional with you, Linda and Jen, is to KEEP HOPING! Keep your eyes on this prize, which is Jesus!! We are moving towards Heaven, and you really can’t think too much about it. It helps you keep your trials and tribulations in their proper place, seeing them for what they really are – fleeting shadows that will one day be cast out by the light of the radiant smile of Jesus!!!!!

• Jen Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Diane, Amen and Amen! Lord Jesus, Our Hope and Expectation is in You Alone Lord! We praise Your name. Jesus Christ, You are our Hope of Glory! Amen. Love, Jen

• Diane 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Thank you for your words, Jen! I got goosebumps as I read them and knew they were from you!!!
        Love, Diane 🙂

8. Rachel 1 year ago April 20, 2016

I so agree! I can’t wait to be in heaven with Jesus. I was touched to remember that we will be walking by his side one day! Yes – heaven is the goal – not this earth! Thank you, Jen and Linda!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Rachel, Thank you for sharing. Yes, one day we will see Jesus, the Sinless Lamb of God, Our Savior, face-to-face and we will be with Him forever. Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

9. Kelly Davis 1 year ago April 20, 2016

When I see the two of you, the joy of the Lord is so evident, and it just makes my heart smile. What a great reminder to keep hoping and to keep pressing on. God has good things for us!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Kelly, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us.
      May the Lord whisper HOPE and PEACE to your heart today.

10. Lyn 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Thank you both for your courage and obedience to do what God has called you to do, even though it is hard at times. Your testimony of God’s healing is so encouraging!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Lyn, Thank you for connecting with us. Jesus, You are our Provider and our Strength. Lord, we surrender our lives and follow You. We need You, Lord, every moment of every day. Amen.

11. Lee 1 year ago April 21, 2016

The truth I received from your message today Linda and Jen is that the goal is HEAVEN. All of the emotional pain I am and have lived with most of life will be all cured when I’m in heaven with Jesus. I know that Jesus loves me because He has prepared a place for me/you. Your message today brought tears to my eyes just knowing that God is healing you, Jen and using you to do His will here on earth. The joy of knowing that all pain will be healed is so beautiful and to be with Jesus who loves us all. God bless you both and continue the good work for Jesus. Your messages Jen always bring HOPE.

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Thank you Lee for sharing. May our Lord whisper His HOPE and His PEACE to your heart! Life is hard and painful, yet we have this Promise- The Lord will never leave us or forsake us. He is by our side, holding our right hand, saying “Fear Not’. Thank You Jesus!
      We trust in only You, Lord! Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

12. Vanessa Bhalla 1 year ago April 21, 2016

Hi Jen. Hi Linda. Thank you both for sharing God’s Word. I have enjoyed seeing God use you Jen and you letting Him.
    I listened this morning and what I took away was that even though we are in this race, we do need our family and friends to help us along. We can’t do it alone.
    Have a great day ladies! God Bless you both!

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 22, 2016

Hi Vanessa, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. You are so right. May God whisper HOPE and PEACE to your heart today! Love, Linda and Jen

13. Tricia Edwards 1 year ago April 22, 2016

Wow! I got chills listening to this today. You all really had put thought and prayer into this, I could feel it just radiating through the screen. Don’t take me wrong, my son, John is 12, and he has autism , a severe receptive expressive language disorder, adhd, and high anxiety. He’s learning, in fourth grade, but he’s in the mindset of his 6 year old perfectly normal , sister, Anna Gayle. I have always said I’d never trade him for anything how he is, he wouldn’t be John if he was different, but WOW, one day in Heaven, his precious mind will be whole, and it will be healed by being covered by the blood of the lamb. THANK YOU for reminding me , it won’t rain and be hard for us always, the sun is shining on the other side. Please pray for us for patience and love, and for learning, and for me to be the best Mother I can be to my children, and wife to my husband. Bless You! I love you all …so much! Tricia

• Jen Barrick 1 year ago April 22, 2016

Lord Jesus, Please wrap Your arms around Tricia and her dear family. Please whisper Your Hope and Your Encouragement to her heart today. May she know that the best is yet to come and one day Lord, we will see You face-to-face and You will make all things NEW!! We love You, Lord Jesus. Amen. Love, Jen

14. Diane Bower 1 year ago April 22, 2016

Hell-o Dear Jen and Linda. I am very thankful for this passage of scripture today. Lately my mind has been racing in remembering regrettable decisions I made years ago. I realize now that Paul himself was “forgetting those things” of his past “and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I (he pressed) toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3: 13b-14
    I feel a great relief. My regrets have been chains around my neck. Jesus wants me to drop those chains with His help and His strength. Peace and joy. Oh Happy Day!

• Jen Barrick 1 year ago April 23, 2016

Lord Jesus, Thank You that You set us free! May we keep our eyes focused on You alone Lord. You are our Hope, You are our Shield and You are our Deliverer, Lord. We trust in You. Please give us the strength to follow You everyday until we see You Lord. Amen!

15. melissa 1 year ago April 23, 2016

Hi, I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I am a children’s leader for BSF. We are finishing the study of Revelation. Today we were discussing what we think heaven will be like. That song came up in our discussion. I love that song too. Do I email you pictures or do I put it through the mail?

• Linda Barrick 1 year ago April 25, 2016

Hi Melissa, You can email a picture to us or send to:
      Hope Out Loud, PO Box 2366, Forest, VA 24551
      We Love thinking about Heaven! Love, Linda and Jen

16. Jan Mather 1 year ago April 25, 2016

Jen and Linda- I have been studying Total Bliss with 10-12 ladies each week and it has been such a blessing to all of us! Thank you for being so transparent with all of the trials you have been through and your insights because of them.
    This week I have been specifically praying for Jen’s short term memory to improve and her VISION!! Rejoicing that God is answering those prayers! Hallelujah!

17. linda Barrick 1 year ago April 25, 2016

Hi Jan, Thank you for your prayers. God isn’t finished healing us.
    We are so thankful that your group is enjoying Total Bliss. Our prayer is that God speaks something to each heart and He does His Work. May God speak His Hope and Peace to your heart!

18. Jennifer Carty 1 year ago May 3, 2016

Hello Barrick family! Thank you for your ministry. I enjoy praising the Lord with you through these lessons. They are so sweet, kind, encouraging, yet powerful. I also feel the lesson is telling me to let go of past hurts and press on. I also feel God is speaking to me about trusting Him and His timing. Seeing Jen improve week upon week is proof that He is faithful! Thank you Jen for helping me know the Lord better.