How Can We Be Praying For You?

Jen wants to hear from you.  Take a moment after you watch the video to comment below with your answer with your prayer requests.  Jen would love to pray for you!

Scripture Reference For This Episode:

Philippians 3:1-11 New International Version

No Confidence in the Flesh

Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— though I myself have reasons for such confidence.

If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christand be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Before you leave, we want to know how can we pray for you?

1. Lisa 2 years ago April 13, 2016

Hi Jen & LInda.

I love this one I love (PHILIPPIANS 3:1-11) The verse from this book that I love the most is. verse 4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

My prayer that is needed is that I can find forgiveness in my dad for the things he has done to me growing up with a abuse and what goes with that. My heart feels he does not deserve the forgiveness but God forgave us for our sins and I need to forgive him for the things he has done. The other prayer needed is that these headches and other pain that I am having with it. that the doctors can find what is causing them. Update on my MRI came back Normal Prasing Jesus for the good news. Thank you Jen & Linda for the prayers. Love you guys you all are always in my prayers.

• jen Barrick 2 years ago April 13, 2016

Lord Jesus, Please help Lisa start the process of healing and forgiving her father. Lord, You forgave as You hung on the cross for our sins. Lord, we forgive so we are free. Please use Lisa in a powerful way to be Your Light in this broken world! Amen.
      Love, Jen

• Lisa 2 years ago April 13, 2016

Awwww you made me cry Jen your words your prayers thank you so much for your kindness your love to me and so many around you. I am very proud of you. Love you…

• Jen Barrick 2 years ago April 27, 2016

Lisa, May the Lord give you His Peace today. May you hear The Lord whisper to your heart “I Love You!” Love, Jen

2. Jane 2 years ago April 13, 2016

I am thankful for your family and Hope Out Loud ministries. I would like prayer for my family members who don’t know God.

• Jen Barrick 2 years ago April 13, 2016

Lord, we pray for Jane and the individuals in her family that do not know You, Jesus. Please use Jane and her life to impact her family and may they see You Lord in Jane. Thank you Jesus that we can trust in You! Amen. Love, Jen

3. Daniel Barton 2 years ago April 13, 2016

My childhood friend passed away in 2014, we were friends for 15 blest years. Emily was her name. I can use prayers to continue with life, and to move forward. And also to continue to be greatful for the blest fifteen years of our friendship. The Lord called her home at nineteen years old. That out of my hurt of Emily’s passing, that I can minister to her family who needs prayer. Jen, you were fantastic reading the verse that you held up. It is amazing how you can still read passages from the Word but you don’t complaining though its hard for you to read but that you do it with such strength with your face glowing with the love of God.

• Jen Barrick 2 years ago April 13, 2016

Lord Jesus, May in You use Daniel in a powerful way to continue to minister to Emily’s family. God may Daniel be Your Light to them. Please wrap Your loving arms around Emily’s family. May they experience Your Love and may they seek You, Lord. Amen. Love, Jen

4. Pam Comeaux 2 years ago April 13, 2016

My brother, Kenny, has a cancer called soft tissue sarcoma. He had a watermelon sized tumor removed over a year ago and we almost lost him. We’ve just recently learned that it’s back and he faces a long road ahead. My family would appreciate your prayers.

• Jen Barrick 2 years ago April 14, 2016

Lord Jesus, Please wrap your loving arms around Kenny. May he hear You whisper to his heart “I am with you.” Please heal Kenny Lord and give him the strength he needs each day. Lord, You are the Great Healer and Deliverer. We trust in You Lord Jesus! Amen.
      Love, Jen

5. Beth 2 years ago April 15, 2016

Please pray for healing for a friend who is only 24. She had a part of her brain removed that was causing seizures. She has been seizure free but is now having trouble with her vision.

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago April 15, 2016

Lord Jesus, We lift up Beth’s friend to You. You are the Mighty Healer, Our Jehovah Rapha. Please heal her vision Lord! Thank You for healing her seizures. We praise and trust You Lord! Amen.

6. Miriam 2 years ago April 15, 2016

Dear Jen and Linda:
    Please pray for me as I seek treatment for my injury. That I may choose peace joy experience despite my worries an experience healing. Bless you! Miriam

• Linda Barrick 2 years ago April 27, 2016

Lord Jesus, We pray for our friend Miriam as she seeks treatment for her injury. Lord, please give Miriam wisdom, guidance and peace as You Lord lead her. Please whisper to her heart, “Peace be still” Lord. Amen!

7. Tricia Edwards 2 years ago April 21, 2016

Dear Jen and Linda, I found out that my Mom has to go to a kidney specialist next week over unproper functioning kidneys, she’s 68. I am coming up on the 2 year anniversary death of my Daddy, July 21st. So please pray for my heart to heal over Carson Parks, and to leave all to God for Rosetta Parks. My brother Michael Parks, has COPD, severe asthma and is on 24 hour oxygen, he has had 2 stints put in already from a heart attack, and needs another, he’s on blood thinners, and he has polyps in his nose that UVA wants to operate and remove, but due to the needing another stint and blood thinners, and his other medicines, they are afraid he’ll bleed to death during the surgery. I’m having a lot of trouble praying, I miss the joy Jesus filled my heart with, it just seems since Daddy died, that I …died too, if that makes sense? Jen, please pray God will whisper hope or whatever it is I Need in my ear too. All I can do is cry. I love and cherish you two, you all so much. Thank you for these wonderful bible studies. Love and Prayers, Tricia

• Jen Barrick 2 years ago April 27, 2016

Lord Jesus, Please wrap your loving arms around Tricia. May she hear you whisper, “I Love You and you are mine. Fear not!” Lord I pray You encourage Tricia heart today. May she feel Your presence like never before. Please heal her from the inside out Lord. Please restore her Joy again Lord! We love You Lord Jesus!
      Amen.

• Tricia Edwards 2 years ago May 4, 2016

Thank you for such a sweet and simple prayer to our heavenly Father, for my needs Jen! It’s amazing to me the faith you have after all you’ve been through, and I listen and watch you , and I say to myself and to Jesus, THAT is the joy and love I want for myself in you Lord. After reading this I thought of this song from my childhood by Evie Karlsson “Let my life be a picture of you, let my life be a picture of you, let me a letter, written by your hand, for the world to read, to see, to hear and to know you live, live in me.”. AMEN!

8. Jennifer Carty 2 years ago May 3, 2016

Thank you Barrick family for your ministry! I am grateful to find your messages and testimony. They help me a great deal and give me strength to trust the Lord. My 27 year old niece, Emily, overdosed on herion two weeks ago. She survived, but I am unable to talk with her about how Christ can set her free. I would like to ask for your prayers that she may be freed from her addiction, but mostly that she will come to accept Christ and realize that He is the one who kept her alive that day. Thank you so much.

9. Kristine 1 year ago June 25, 2016

Hi Jen and Linda. Thank you for this blog!

Please pray for me; I suffer from hormonal imbalances as well as low energy. Also, pray for my husband, that he will meet Jesus.

Thank you for your prayer.

Kristine