Let Your Light Shine!

Jen wants to hear from you.  Take a moment after you watch the video to comment below with your answer to the question and she will respond.

Scripture Reference For This Episode:

Philippians 2:12-18 New International Version

Do Everything Without Grumbling

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Before you leave, we want to know “What’s one thing you could do differently to let your light shine?”

1. Janette 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Thank you for encouraging me today. I pray God uses me to be a light for him. I’m going to invite all the kids in my neighborhood over for an Easter egg hunt and read a story to them about what Easter truly means.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Hi Janette, That is a wonderful plan. Father God, we pray for Janette, may she be Your light to all the kids in her neighborhood this weekend. We pray that many will accept Your Son, Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Amen! Love, Linda and Jen

2. Lisa 1 year ago March 23, 2016

The one thing I would do differently to let my light shine is to keep going with my life even in struggles I face day by day. The other thing I would do differently to let my light shine is to obey God and go out to share Jesus with others. That is the one thing I love to do is to tell others about our God and how grest He is….I have invited 2 of the homless men I meant this week to come to Easter Church Servce. Love These Jen & Linda you both are amazing you help me to move forward in my life no matter what my life is right now

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing. Lord Jesus, Please give Lisa courage to let her light shine even in the midst of daily struggles. May she hear you say, “I Love You and I will never leave you.”
      Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

• Lisa 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Thank you so much Jen & Linda for your prayers and your encouragement and listening to God. Your whole family are a light to me as I walk the path with God in my life. Love you guys.

3. Daniel Barton 1 year ago March 23, 2016

The one thing that I can do is be a loving brother to my younger brothers and a hard worker for my boss. In hope that I will be loving brother, that my life will bless then. And secondly, be a hard worker just like Joseph. Happy Easter to you Jen and Josh and Mr. and Mrs. Barrick

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Hi Daniel, Thank you for sharing. Your brothers look up to you and need your love. Lord Jesus, Please help Daniel be the loving older brother to his younger brothers and a dedicated, hard worker at his job. May Daniel shine for You Lord! Amen.
      Happy Easter! Love, Linda and jen

4. Frances Barrick 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Thank you Jen and Linda for sharing HIS truths with us. You are
    great ambassador for Jesus Christ–keep letting you light shine
    for Jesus Christ so that others may come to know HIM. You are
    loved.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 23, 2016

Thank you Nanny! We love you! You inspire us because you let your Light shine to everyone you come in contact with!!
      Thank you for praying for us everyday!! Love, Linda and jen

5. Catherine Lotspeich 1 year ago March 24, 2016

Thank you for your commitment to Christ. I enjoyed taking a break today to hear your encouraging words from God’s Word. You both are truly a blessing. 🙂

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 24, 2016

Hi Catherine, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk. We are so thankful the Lord encouraged your heart today through His word. God’s Word is a ROCK we can stand on!

6. Susan Lee 1 year ago March 24, 2016

I love what y’all said today, I’ve been telling some of these very things to my Grandaughter, praying for God to just cover her all her life & that she’ll always feel Him with her ! I’ve been real sick would like to ask for prayer, thank you! And I’m praying for y’all & Jens eyes

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 25, 2016

Hi Susan, Thank you for sharing and connecting with us through Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, we uplift our friend Susan to You, Lord. Please heal her sickness Lord. We know You are our Healer and Deliverer! Amen. Love, Linda and Jen

7. Ryan Leavins 1 year ago March 24, 2016

You guys are a comfort to me, it’s so cool to see two women of God sitting and talking about really following Jesus. I found out about your story from the episode on the Joni Eareckson Tada video.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, and lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 25, 2016

Hi Ryan, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk.
      Joni is a wonderful friend. We praise God for Joni and our friendship. May God whisper His HOPE and PEACE to your heart!

8. Sheila 1 year ago March 25, 2016

I am late in watching this because of a family crisis this week. It was a power saw accident. This lesson is powerful. I struggle with this election process going on and feel angry about the attitude of Christians. I am afraid our light is not shining. Many are saying they will not vote ever for this one or that one so they will not vote at all or write in someone. You are so right. Our country is in a dark place and Christians seem to be hard to find in the dark. I hate all the Facebook articles people are putting up to further their argument. Praying to be the light, find the light and for our country to be a shining light again. It is hard to not feel defeated. I needed your video today.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 25, 2016

Hi Sheila, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. May we all let our Light shine to a lost and broken world. Lord Jesus, Please give us the courage and strength to follow You each day and share the HOPE found in You, Lord! Amen. Love, Jen and Linda

9. melissa 1 year ago March 26, 2016

Hi, I really have been enjoying these Bible Talks . God will give me the strength and peace to get through this busy time of year at school. To have the balance of time. For people to see God working through me. I am a special education teacher.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 27, 2016

Hi Melissa, Thank you for sharing and for connecting with us through Bible Talk. Lord Jesus, Please give Melissa the strength and peace to make it through her busy schedule and use her to be Your Light Lord to all those you bring into her path! Amen.

10. Tricia Edwards 1 year ago March 27, 2016

I like to use my life for God by singing, I grew up singing with Kelly Nelon, Janet Paschal, I love older hymns, but I also love Chris Tomlin and such..I love to praise and worship. I love to sing to people in times of need, and I love to send out cards and hand written notes to those that can’t make it to church, or don’t have a computer. I like to be personal, and in today’s age, it’s anything but personal with each other.So I hope that I make a good change , a good habit for the life of others that may not have anyone else, or receive anything else from others. I hope my light shines through for Christ in this way.

• linda Barrick 1 year ago March 28, 2016

Hi Tricia, Thank you for sharing. God is using you to be His Light to those around you. Keep singing praises to Him and He will guide your path. Love, Linda and Jen

11. Chatarina Westström 1 year ago March 29, 2016

Thank you Jen and Linda for sharing God´s word! I was participating in an article about yoga in the daily newspaper of my community in New years ewe 2015. In the article I really wanted to tell about Jesus and what praying and talking to him means for me. I told that Jesus means everything to me and that I want to follow and be faithful to him for the rest of my life. I feel in my spirit that yoga is wrong and many people and even Christians don´t know that their path they have chosen in exersising yoga is wrong. In fact yoga is praising other gods. It bring darkness in to people´s lives. So I really want to tell God´s truths to people in my life. I pray and I hope that what I said in the article opened many peoples hearts and eyes! I pray that I can be a light for God in a dark world even if it´s difficult at times. Thank you, lord Jesus, for everything you have done in my life!

• linda Barrick 1 year ago April 4, 2016

Hi Chatarina, Thank you for connecting with us through Bible Talk and for sharing. Lord Jesus, Please help Chatarina be a bright shining light for You Lord in a confused and broken world. May everyone that comes in touch with her see You Lord Jesus! Amen.

12. Judy Ashley 1 year ago April 2, 2016

Inspiring message Linda and Jen!
    Keep shining His light and encouraging others to do the same.
    Love this reminder that it is God who works in us to will and to act. How we need Him! He must increase and I must decrease!

• linda Barrick 1 year ago April 4, 2016

Hi Judy, We love you and we are praying for you, Mark and your family. Thank you for sharing and reminding us all that He must increase and we must decrease. May we point the world to Jesus Christ- the Savior of the world! Love, Linda and Jen

13. lynsey 1 year ago April 5, 2016

I show god love to people through card, notes and talking to people about jesus